• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Time for me to enter the 21st Century

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Good stuff guys, thanks. I'll try to incorporate as many good ideas as I can, over time.

As far as a picture of me, can I use the one from my high school yearbook, when I had hair? Or how about me in golf cap and gear?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
As for the map, if you click out to city level, the large blank green area directly north about 2 miles is the Augusta Country Club and adjoining Augusta National.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
One more thought along the line of photos. You might also consider a gallery where you can show off your real clients, the animals.

Our vet has taken pics of our dogs, and everyone elses, as they have grown up and they keep photo albums in the waiting area for everyone look at. As sappy as it seems, it's fun to through the book and find our dogs when they were pups.

Letting everyone know you're doing the gallery might also attract some of your human clients to your site so they can look for their pet.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Doc,
yearbook pic? looking mature and less than perfect(but very professional) lends trust. Bottom line is "its in the eyes" and a warm and sincere look is what counts and sells. Would you want someone that looked liked paris hilton or Fabio taking care of your pet? I would trust someone that looked like Sinead O'conner or Dick Chenney more (tho thats basing solely on looks not abilility)

peace
Doug

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
How about this one?

(all other points have been good)
IMG_0209-1_edited (Medium).jpg

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Is that a pig ear I see being chewed on? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Pancreatitis waiting to happen.

Get some C.E.T. HEXtra chlorhexidine impregnated rawhide chewies. Much safer and better teeth cleaning.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
SiberianDVM said:
Is that a pig ear I see being chewed on? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Pancreatitis waiting to happen.

Get some C.E.T. HEXtra chlorhexidine impregnated rawhide chewies. Much safer and better teeth cleaning.
Did a little research on what we give our dog. He got some Pigs ears for Christmas, and loved them, but I now see what they can do. I do give him the C.E.T. chews, among Smoked Tendens and Bully sticks (yes Rock, my dog likes chewing on a Bull penis). I saw the smoked chews may be bad. Just to give him variety, are there other chews that are good? I saw the Bully sticks may not be bad. Any recommendations, or is it better to just stick with the C.E.T. chews. Are the Bully Sticks O.K. Didn't mean to make you bring work home, but my Bubby want's to know.
Thanks.

I promise I won't make this a habit

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I have no scientific proof that chewing on a bull's penis is harmful to your health, but it just sounds so wrong. :D

Seriously, the only problems in dogs I have seen first hand have been from the pig ears, but I personally would be wary of to many "smoked" products.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Interesting.

BTW, my dog's favorite treats are Texas Toothpicks. Yes, bull penises. So you're not alone. (And why does everyone associate animal genitallia with me?.....oh, right...:D))

So no pigs ears, eh? Good to know. I'll try the rawhides, but he's not the hugest fan. He likes beef sticks the most. But I only give them to him from time to time.

Anything else you recommend Doc? I have a beagle, so it's not like I need half a cow or anything.

And can I get the 5% off if I buy them directly from you? :D

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Many Thanks, my dog will be happy to hear. Although he will eat the C.E.T. chews, he loses interest in them much quicker.

Since he only gets dry Eukanuba, and an occasional piece of egg on the weekends and a Steak bone every now and then, I always try to give him a variety of chews. I'm not sure why I feel this way, after all he has 30,000 toys and always goes for the same one when he wants to play, even if I throw him a different one.

Thanks again!!!

🔥 Latest posts