• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

T'ing Off from where and why ??

Rideguy

Jun 1, 2008
Greetings,

I am lucky enough to have recently met a perfect match for myslef in life and play. We have started golfing together and we have a great time together.

I started playing 3 years ago and the learning process is hard enough for me but I'm getting it and keep an accurate handicap. I've been playing her as a 36 so we use ESC and have dedicated smiley faces on the cards as a hole that we had to use ESC.

She has not yet been a member anywhere nor started a handicap but I just wanted her to have fun and not take it so serious off the start. We do have alot of fun!!

She has huge potential as a golfer!! She has a natural draw and it's long in comparrison to alot of men. I finally conviced her to play the forward T's for the Advantage. She was reluctant because she likes playing the next T's back......Which brings me to these questions.... ??

Where should she T off from?

Does handicap still determine which T's to hit from with the ladies ?

T.I.A.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Sometimes, a mental advantage outweighs the physical advantage...such as scoring well enough, from the back tees :)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Have her tee off from which ever of the 2 closest tees to the green she is comfortable hitting from. The main thing is to make sure she has a good time. Once she has learned the game and has improved, then worry about her handicap and which tees she should hit from.

OP
R

Rideguy

Jun 1, 2008
Sometimes, a mental advantage outweighs the physical advantage...such as scoring well enough, from the back tees :)

Well I have no doubt that when the rest of her game improves over the next couple years I will have to put her on the Tips just to even the card incase her cap goes lower than mine one day...???

:eek:

OP
R

Rideguy

Jun 1, 2008
Have her tee off from which ever of the 2 closest tees to the green she is comfortable hitting from. The main thing is to make sure she has a good time. Once she has learned the game and has improved, then worry about her handicap and which tees she should hit from.

She originally stepped up to the whites and distance wise she has No problem playing from there.... But she has a hard time reaching the G.I.R. She has played one round from the forward T's and hit alot of G.I.R.'s Which she was excited about because now she is getting birdie chance's.... Actually got her first birdie the other day and now expects them :thumbs up:

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
She originally stepped up to the whites and distance wise she has No problem playing from there.... But she has a hard time reaching the G.I.R. She has played one round from the forward T's and hit alot of G.I.R.'s Which she was excited about because now she is getting birdie chance's.... Actually got her first birdie the other day and now expects them :thumbs up:

That's where I would have her play from until she improves and is hitting very short irons into all the greens. At that point she can move back a set and will have to work a little harder to get her G.I.R. :D

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
If she's playing to a 36 and can't reach the green in regulation from the tees she's using she should move up to the forward tees. Nothing instills confidence like scores that are improving.

OP
R

Rideguy

Jun 1, 2008
Thanks for the feedback. She has played another round from the forward T's and had another good round. It just makes sense that we enjoy the game a bit more when we score lower.... It's why we have bigger clubs, it's an advantage.....

No doubt in time when she gets her club distance's dialed in she will be moving back in the T's in time.....

Cheers

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
That all makes sense to me. And every so often, play from them with her. It sucks always being the last one to tee off.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Oh yeah..they make Ladies tees on purpose because unless she's Babe Zaharias reincarnated, she won't be able to carry from back.

She should do what ever makes her feel good.

Also, whenever anyone talks about a GF...
:needpics:

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
If you are just out for a fun round, why get hung up on what tees to play? I play every Sunday with my wife. She plays the forward tees on most holes, the middle tees on 4-5 and the back tees on one.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
That all makes sense to me. And every so often, play from them with her. It sucks always being the last one to tee off.

Yep, a friend of mines wife plays with us occasionally. A couple of times we moved up and played the same tees as her. It basically turned our course into a executive par 3, kinda fun actually. :thumbs up:

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
She has played one round from the forward T's and hit alot of G.I.R.'s Which she was excited about because now she is getting birdie chance's.... Actually got her first birdie the other day and now expects them :thumbs up:

Dump her immediately. She will only get better with time. There is enough stress in this game as it is. I cannot imagine living with a woman who has the potential to routinely score lower than I do. :bang:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online