• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tips for the Open Championship

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Aye agreed IG ... if I could buy 2 majors - one would be for Harrington and the other for Clarke, actually scrap Harrington he'll win sooner or later I'd give my 2nd one to Monty ..

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
A vote for Tiger. H'es put his 2 iron back in the bag (like he should have at the US Open!) and will be hitting his "stinger" that will roll forever.

As long as his putting is there it should be him.

That said, would like to see Monty win one.

P_102

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
The scoring is gonna be very low this week. I live and play in Manchester about 50 miles from Hoylake. My home course is playing really short at the moment. We have had a couple of weeks with the weather being up in the 30*c's and the fairways are rock hard. Also the ball seems to be carrying for a mile. I have hit more 300+ drives in the last couple of weeks than ever before and on Tuesday drove about 10 yards short of a 407 yard par four it's down hill the last 3rd of the way but still a heck of a crack and plenty of roll. I also heard an interview on the radio from an ex-captain and he said the rough is relativly short due to the lack of rain recently. I think we're gonna see some big drives this week and maybe if Sergio can get the flat stick in order he'll be in with a chance, I've also had a little each way on big John daly.

I'm going tomorrow so hopefully should see an awesome days play.

Members online

No members online now.