• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire question...

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Jim, you are going to want to put the same size tire back on your vehicle...putting a 75 series tire on your vehicle would mess up your(unless its GPS which i doubt) Odometer and speedometer by about 10%ish...probably a bit more

Also, make sure the load bearing capability of the tire is the same as the tires already on the vehicle, one of the main factors people do not look at when buying tires.

For those of you that think buying expensive tires gets you a better tire...you are wasting alot ALOT of money on rubber. And YES michelin tires are grossley overpriced.

That change in the tire isn't going to be any noticeable difference in your speedometer... For instance, going to a bigger tire in size from 225 to 255 would make a difference in it.. going from a 225/65/r17 to a 225/75/r17 isn't going to be a huge difference, just make sure you have room in the wheel wells for it.

Oh, and think what you will for cheap tires. It's personal preference I guess. I'll buy brand name tires that have been out and used by others. They last longer from what I've seen first hand, and ride better. Not to mention, it's my life riding on them, and I'd rather not risk saving the whopping $300 bucks, and risk a blow out or a seperation while driving.

I do over 600 miles a week between 1 or 2 vehicles, from downtown streets to dirt/gravel industrial roads, and I've used them all.

Michelins however, are a rip off. Goodyear not too far behind. :)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I can't get Pirelli's to last 3,000 miles on my R1. Right now I am running a set of Bridgestone BT/014's & will see how they hold up.

For track days I was running Metzlers Racetecs & they held up pretty damn well. 100+ miles on Daytonas track, & another 3 track days at Blackhawk before they were totally shot.

As far as truck tires, my Equinox eats them up. I have the 17" rims & went thru the stock Bridgestone Duellers in 25,000 miles. 2nd set of Duellers only last 20,000 miles. Then had a set of Michelins which road really nice but the damn things were garbage in 18,000 miles. Right now I have Coopers on it & they are wearing really well.

Dueller only got 20K?!

Try BFGoodrich... I know it sounds like a lie.. But I have a truck with 103,000 on it. 2005 model. 4x4, so it's rough on tires, especially on the front end. I put them on around 24,000 miles, and I just now put another set on.. I got 79,000 out of these things. I never had one puncture, plenty of nails in them, and road rash from parallel parking in the city.

I put these on when I jacked the truck up a little, they were 33" tires. Bought them at Discount/Americas Tire.

I rotated religiously around 6-7K, The air pressure was rated at 35psi, but I ran them at 43psi all the way around, and I also got an alignment, or atleast had it ran through and checked once a year.

My mom has a set of BFG g-Force on her GTO, and they've lasted quite some time aside from 2 getting nails in them and being trashed.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
For truck tires, I've had bad luck with Michelins. BFG's and Generals were good for me.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Dueller only got 20K?!

Try BFGoodrich... I know it sounds like a lie.. But I have a truck with 103,000 on it. 2005 model. 4x4, so it's rough on tires, especially on the front end. I put them on around 24,000 miles, and I just now put another set on.. I got 79,000 out of these things. I never had one puncture, plenty of nails in them, and road rash from parallel parking in the city.

I put these on when I jacked the truck up a little, they were 33" tires. Bought them at Discount/Americas Tire.

I rotated religiously around 6-7K, The air pressure was rated at 35psi, but I ran them at 43psi all the way around, and I also got an alignment, or atleast had it ran through and checked once a year.

My mom has a set of BFG g-Force on her GTO, and they've lasted quite some time aside from 2 getting nails in them and being trashed.

Were they All Terrains? That's what I've run on all of my trucks for the past decade or so. Other than the fact that not a damn one of them is round, they're outstanding. Wear like iron, grip great in all conditions on the street (until they're nearing the end of their life, at least,) and do an acceptable job off road. I like 'em.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online