• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tired of life...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
K, this is sorta a bitch thread for me to let it all out, but have played 2 tourneys already during the break, and another this weekend here. Have been playing like crap, only 2 9 holes have broken 40 (one of them being -1), other than that just keep making stupid decisions and just not hitting the ball too well.

Then to boot, Ive been playing in this ALL week long...

The Weather Network · Hazelmere Golf Course · British Columbia · Canada

It just sucks, i cant wait for the sun to come back out. I think ive been permanently water logged.... Even though sunday's forcast looks promising, dont forget i live in the lower mainland of BC.... Where rain rules:(

But at least im out playing.... Lol, the only thing i can take good from this, is that i know my new rain gear is water proof from today's practise round... urg... Too much water guys, just too much water... Such a gong show out there...

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
(this isnt a suicide note or anything btw)

Just a slump... Just keep pluggin along and itll get better (right?:p)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Last year we had something stupid like 20 days of rain in June here in VT, it's one of the drawbacks of living in a mountain valley area.

My Name is Nate

Yah Shoor Yoo Betcha
Jan 29, 2007
Maybe you just need to take a little break? I play alot of billiards in leagues. If I play too much, I start to really suck and have to take a week off. Maybe just burn out?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
You may actually want to change the title. I am sure it will upset some people otherwise.
I dont care but I am sure some will.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Whenever I have a series of bad days I always try to put it in perspective. AIDS, Cancer, poverty, deaths... I know those are a bit extreme, but...

If all you/we have to bitch about is some wet weather... then we need to consider ourselve sblessed.

Now, that being said, there's nothing wrong with venting periodically! I understand completely. I'm on my third week of 12 hour days at work, barely seeing my girl, eating dinner out of snack machines, etc.

Like yuou said, we just gotta keep on pluggin' along. It always get's better down the road.

The journey is what makes you better, not the destination. ;)

"The sun'll come out tomorrow, tomorrow!" lmao.

Hope it get's better for you soon. Enjoy it when the suns comes out!

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
You may actually want to change the title. I am sure it will upset some people otherwise.
I dont care but I am sure some will.

Yea, just thought about that:p but i duno how. If a mod wants to change it giver i dont mind. As lyle said i dont want to upset anyone with my venting:D

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Yeah.... nothing but rain here too.... for the last 12 hours.... It might last all the way to Monday. Here in eastern Colorado we average 13 inches a year, and most of that comes as snow in the winter. All we get most of the time from April on is thunderstorms.... usually accompanied by hail, tornados, flash floods, etc. About half of our tournaments from now through July suffer from suspended play do to lightning for anywhere from 1 hour to full cancellation.

So count your blessings. I'd rather be rain-soaked than have my eyeballs lit up. :shocked:

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yeah.... nothing but rain here too.... for the last 12 hours.... It might last all the way to Monday. Here in eastern Colorado we average 13 inches a year, and most of that comes as snow in the winter. All we get most of the time from April on is thunderstorms.... usually accompanied by hail, tornados, flash floods, etc. About half of our tournaments from now through July suffer from suspended play do to lightning for anywhere from 1 hour to full cancellation.

So count your blessings. I'd rather be rain-soaked than have my eyeballs lit up. :shocked:

Lol, i know some of you guys out there cant even play right now, i wish i wasnt:p Its been 20+ mph winds with the rain now this week too, just retarded, its raining so hard, but you cant bother with the umbrella because of the wind... Someone's either testing us or hates us:D

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
I'm sure sandpiper feels better already... he just needed to vent. Rain, rain and more rain just wears you down after a while... regardless of how petty that seems given all the "real" problems people face. I get frustrated after a long string of bogies... that's pretty petty too.

I traveled to Vancouver and Whistler last summer and played a little golf. Sure is beautiful country up there (thanks to all the rain you're getting this time of year). Had fun playing Happy Gilmore's Furry Creek.

We get a ton of visitors here on the California Central Coast this time of year from Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton... I'd be happy to show you around our courses sandpiper if you ever get a chance to get away and visit ;)

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I'm sure sandpiper feels better already... he just needed to vent. Rain, rain and more rain just wears you down after a while... regardless of how petty that seems given all the "real" problems people face. I get frustrated after a long string of bogies... that's pretty petty too.

I traveled to Vancouver and Whistler last summer and played a little golf. Sure is beautiful country up there (thanks to all the rain you're getting this time of year). Had fun playing Happy Gilmore's Furry Creek.

We get a ton of visitors here on the California Central Coast this time of year from Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton... I'd be happy to show you around our courses sandpiper if you ever get a chance to get away and visit ;)

Sounds good, ill let u know. If you watch Happy Gilmore, the first course he plays that qualifier on, the AT&T thing, that huge clubhouse, thats my home course (Swan-E-Set) in Pitt Meadows an hour outside of vancouver. It was the 13th hole on the links course there that he got the hole in one on the par 4. yea.... i cant reach that green:p

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.