• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist 735 CM, just bought em

APDuncan

Oct 19, 2005
Well after hitting a too many clubs to count, I finally decided on a set. I had it narrowed down to mizuno mp 30's, mp 60's and the titleist 735 CM's. Some of you may remember that I started out looking for clubs that would give me the lowest trajectory, I got a lot of recommendations for blades, and rightly so.

I did hit the blades lower than any of the cavity backs I played, and the mp 33's looked and felt great. I'm a pretty decent golfer, playing to about a 6 handicap, but I certainly dont hit the ball dead center all the time. On all the blades I tried, I noticed a huge difference on off center hits with the 6 iron and below. As much as I liked the look and feel, I didn't feel as if I was consistent enough to warrant buying blades.

Once I realized I was looking at a cavity back I looked for a few key features in the irons. 1) I knew I wanted minimal offset (both sets of mizuno's and titleist fit this criteria) 2) I wanted a minimal cavity, I wanted the compromise between forgiveness and feedback, with more emphasis on feedback. 3) Most importantly I wanted a club that looked and felt good. While I will admit that the mizuno's had a slightly better feel than the titleists, I really loved the way the titleists looked at set up.

I also loved the idea behind a blended set, the more I looked at the 735's the more I fell in love with them. The 8,9,PW may have an even higher muscle back than the mp 37's, producing an excellent boreing trajectory in the short irons.
The 5,6,7 irons have a very small cavity, you get excellent feedback and workability while still getting significantly more forgiveness than blades.
The 2,3,4 irons are very similar to the mizuno pro's I was playing prior to this set a "normal" cavity back, that has less offset than my mizuno's did. Excellent forgiveness.

All in all, very happy with my purchase, have only taken them to the range a couple of times so far, but I plan to play on friday and sunday, I will be sure to keep you all posted with my results. If anyone has questions on any of the clubs I tried, or anything about these sticks, feel free to ask. While doing research online is fun, the best thing anyone can do when selecting a set is to go out and see what looks and feels best to you. Most aspects of a club in my opinion are 1. how good they look at set up 2. How you feel the weight of the club throughout the swing and 3. How it feels on pure and off center hits.

Thanks to all of you who helped me out, much appreciated.

Alex

OP
A

APDuncan

Oct 19, 2005
Played my first round with the new sticks yesterday. They played beautifully. Ended up shooting 76 (39, 37), slightly better than average for me. They are going to take a little bit of adjusting to as they are a little lighter than my mizuno's but they felt excellent.

🔥 Latest posts