• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist 909 D3 Demo

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Tonight I was out wanting to "ho", and didn't find anything I wanted really..

But I was bored and slinging clubs around in the simulators tonight at the PGA store.

They had a ton of 909's.. No Comps, but just D3 and D2's.

I hit both, but couldn't tell a difference, and assumed it might have been the shaft, but I hit the D2 a good bit higher than than the D3.

D3 was the money driver though. Exactly what I want in a shot.

I tried the Voodoo, Stiff-65gram I think it was, and I tried the Diamana Blue, and got a special treat and tried a Diamana Whiteboard in it as well.

The Voodoo was okay. Felt... boardy. I don't know, I just didn't like it very much. Didn't feel like I got the feed back I wanted. Nice and light shaft though. Decent launch, but had my launch angle too high with the D2, the D3 lowered it a tad, but still launched higher than I liked.

The Blueboard.. was eh. Kinda noodlish compared to the Voodoo. I couldn't feel the head when I swung it.

The whiteboard and a D3 is something I would buy, if I could afford it!!

Ended cranking several great balls.. No noticeable distance increase, but it was a simulator, so who knows if that craps even accurate. The launch angle, and the spin was the best part. I felt like I had complete control of the club. Head sat square, to a tad open. Super light head, set up a tad funny looking to me, but I'm not used to Titleist drivers, so it was a tad strange. My swing speed cranked up too. I'm assuming the lighter head and shaft combo allowed me to really get to it.

9.5* I was hitting it too low though, so I tried the 10.5* and it was nice, low/mid shot.

Did hook a few though, but most of the shots were baby fades, or straight.

Anyone else try any of the new line? They are sharp looking sticks. If I wants such a TM fan, and had a great bag, I'd toss some AP1's and the D3 in the bag quick!

Oh, and I hit the Cobra LV5. That thing sucks. The Diamana Blue in that driver is terrible for me I think. The head feels strange.. And.. loud?! Holy jesus, and it's ugly.

The S57 Ping irons are... very nice.. for Ping. :):idhitit:

Hate the alignment arrow for some reason.

Members online

No members online now.