• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist 915 D2 Driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been hitting the Nike real well lately so this was a good time to hit this one. I was pleasantly surprised. I have never hit the ball longer or in the "center" of the fairways like this club. I believe I know why.

The shaft is 45" instead of the 45-3/4 to 46" length on most other drivers. Looking at the face contact I was dead center on the sweet spot on most every drive. I hit it as long as my old Cally Alpha 815 which was on average 10 yards longer then my Nike. I also think the slightly heavier shaft in the 915 helped me control things better. The shaft in this feels awesome.

In any case this will be in the bag now as long as I'm sure the honeymoon is over and it's still behaving.

You always read where Titleist drivers don't get the distance of TM or Callaway. That is total BS. Now I know why Jordan Spieth still is hitting this driver this year and not the new 917.

cd403add561cd56a22823820f7c61304-600x386.jpg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Shorter driver shafts are always one of the biggest overlooked aspects for driving accuracy. I have always hit 44" drivers for that reason. You may gave up a few yards compared to a well struck drive with a longer shaft, but I would be willing to bet you are going to have more center face strikes with a shorter length driver and your total driving distance will be better over a round of golf.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I play the 915d3 and love it! I have a high launch low spin matrix shaft on mine and I have never hit another driver better (or longer)....and I ain't getting any younger

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, sorry old buddy but you just got smoked by the Cobra King LTD. Hard to believe but it's longer, feels better and more forgiving. But I'm keeping you just in case.

🔥 Latest posts