• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist sent me some prototypes to test.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Can't wait to try these balls out... too bad it's raining and the snow level is dropping. Anyhow, they look to be the next gen Pro V1 but I can't be certain. The dimples seem more... prominent. Like the shell isn't as smooth as a standard ball. Weird.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Wasn't sure if it was okay to post pics... but since AG leaked it already, here's a comparison:

BTW, the color differences is not a camera issue. They really are colored differently.

Titleist Prototype.JPG

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Yours have blacks numbers? They must have given you the softer version. You're the first person I've seen with the regular Pro V prototype.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Hmm, it DOES look larger. I took the pic with an iPhone, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I'll bust out the digital calipers tonight and check for sure.

AG - I honestly don't know what these are. I assumed Pro V1 since they have black numbers.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
I got a sleeve of them too. I had told Titleist that I usually play Bridgestone Tour B330-RX balls. I tried to do the evaluation according to the guide-lines given. I had the course pretty much to myself, and I hit two drives with the Titleist proto-type and two with my Bridgestone on every hole and on most other shots. I found the two balls played similar as far as distance and spin. Probably because I am so used to it, I liked the feel of the Bridgestone on shorter pitches, chips, and putts. I tried to give them some good results, but I am not exactly the same as Iron Byron! If I hit four shots (2 shots each per ball type), whichever shot I made the best swing on, that was the best shot. My longest drive, my best iron shot (solid and closest to hole), a holed out short pitch, and a made 40 foot putt, were all done with the Bridgestone. That could be coincidence or perhaps something psychological was going on. I do like the ball I am playing, and that might explain everything. Still, Titleist makes very good golfballs, and this one is also good. Cypress Perch (I like getting those golf balls, but come to think of it, I had to come up with the balls to do the comparing with. Pretty slick, Titleist!)

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I was supposed to give a review on these, but I lost the link. Anyone have the link for that survey? I would hate to miss out on these next year because I didn't do my part.

Thanks on advance.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I was supposed to give a review on these, but I lost the link. Anyone have the link for that survey? I would hate to miss out on these next year because I didn't do my part.

Thanks on advance.
From Titleist:

If your prototype golf balls had black numbers, please use the following link: http://survey.titleist.com/s3/TitleistPrototype1
If your prototype golf balls had red numbers, please use the following link: http://survey.titleist.com/s3/TitleistPrototype2

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.