• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TiVo is awful

Jeff Gallo

Swing Guru
Aug 26, 2004
I decided today that i wouldnt play golf, too hot. Now i get home and sit on the couch and start clicking through the ole TiVo "now playing list"... and there it is, the final round of the 105th US Open (which I missed, working at a golf course lots of people wonder how it happens but alas, it does). So now I'm sitting here thinking "WOW!! I need to play golf"

If I could ever get my hands on the guy who decided we should watch golf on television he would never have a chance. Its kinda boring in person and maybe a little exciting on television. But still, honestly, whoever said that televising these things was a good idea is either a non-golfer or a marketing genius because no Golfer can watch people play without needing to play himself... and then when they are this good it only gets worse. I cant let myself do this anymore!!!

Thats it, I'll come back and read whats been floating around the boards later, I've gotta play golf!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I have the same reaction...when I see it on TV - I want to go out and play.

And then I always play as crappy as ever.

KB1982

Jun 10, 2005
Same with me. But whenever I watch something on TV I notice how there's something different from what the pros are doing and what I'm doing. I think to myself, 'Boy I should start doing that!'. Think to myself that I can do it (like add a even fuller shoulder turn, etc), go out on the course, try it once or twice, doesn't work, and go back to my old, non-optimal swing.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
Samehere, I watch it on tv then get excited and really wanna go play. Or I will have just saw something on like playing lessons from the pros. And Im like I gotta go try that. Then I get out there and usually play like crap.

🔥 Latest posts