• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TM 300 or Cleveland TA3 forged

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Thinking about a new set of backup irons. I enjoy my blades, but somedays you just want to play something different. Also it would be nice for travelling etc. My current back-ups are TA7's that I'm looking to unload for some kind of a forged players iron. The cost of the new sticks should be offset by the sale of the TA7's hopefully :)

Anyways, any recomendations for these sets? I've read that Cleveleand's Form Forging isn't all that great. Maybe there are some other contenders that fit this desc.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
TA3 are nice, it has very little offset. Used them for a year or so, until I switched to blades. Feel is pretty good.
But nothing beats the MP30 forgings :)

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I am looking for very little offset, so this is good. Maybe I'll unload the TA7's on ebay and then lurk for some CB forged babies to backup the blades

I'll prob rarely play these things anyways, I can see it being a pain in the ass switching sets of clubs in and out of my bag. HEY!! That gives me ANOTHER idea :)

Once a ho...

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
the original TM rac lt's, not forged but i've heard great things about them, should be fairly cheap with the second edition of the Rac series out

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
If you can find a set of mizuno t-ziod pros in good shape they are great clubs. You get a little forgiveness but they are forged so you still get the great feel.

Members online

No members online now.