• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TM Rocketbladez Tour

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Got my set from the bay. One owner..mint...429 inc shipping. He claimed he played one round and the shafts were wrong for his game..there is more to that story.

The set has the tm tour velvet standard grips and the kbs tour steel shafts in reg flex.

I went to the range this afternoon and hit them. I set the ball forward and in the middle and back. I tried delofts and tower shots to feel the bounce. I drew and cut to see the controls. I did what I could flinging the club about to learn about the shafts and bounce.

The kbs tour line of shafts isnt just stiff for its stated flex- its also a line that has torque values that can be 25% lower than the DG standards. This showed up clearly both in the side to side dispersion and the almost glass like feel I was surprised to get out of steel. I expected and got the action that was appropriate from the flex. I would say dg r400 to even dg s200 stiffness though they rate it regular. But that lack of torque takes away the softness and buttery feel I am accustomed to in my current r400s. If you ever hit graphite that was smoothly flexible like matrix or ust and hit another that was stiff enough to feel like crystal like a graf red you have the idea.

The most consistent thing about this set is the length of shafts. They are standard 1/2" differences except the P which is long 1/8".

I dont know what the fellow who bought them new did or didnt do but here are the loft and lie as I observed them on my scotland bender. These clubs were mint and obviously didnt see a rough course.
4i -P...

loft 23, 28, 32, 35, 39, 44, 48.
Spec. 22, 25.5, 29.5, 33.75,38, 42, 47.

Lie 61, 61.5, 61.5, 63, 63.5, 64.5, 65.5.
Spec 61-64 in .5 increment

This guy was messed up by someone.

The clubs are consistent in trajectory. And I should note these tours have a wider chunk of metal in front of the speed pocket than the regular rocketbladez have to produce a more traditional flight. The large heads do have a large sweet spot and off hits do go straighter and longer than I would have thought..but im a blade guy so it was pretty rewarding for me.

I will obviously need to tweak them up to those factory standards before I play them. I think the swing weight is a bit light for me at d2 but I roll d5-d9 and a set of gp tour 25 grips should show me a d6. I bet they come alive then.

Last edited:

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Any pics? Same comment on KBS Tour shafts, I got regulars and feel that they perform more like firms. I had 5.5 Rifles in previous set and they are not that different. I had those clubs in mind but ended up with a set of Adams.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Im not gonna pic them cause the are all over the web now. Im just not gonna try to sell them to you.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I put them on the bender and spec'd them back to oem. I took them back to the range and then out for 18 holes. They reach out that little extra you are wanting for sure. 7 iron is nominally 150 for me. This tm iron reaches that easily and longest 7 was 162..down a slight wind. Because of the length I had a little adjusting to do in my plane. They can work left and right easy enough. They arent too long though. I had a 150 shot from the right side rough dead into the wind. Between the rough and the wind I went 6 iron and the ball landed left 2 yards past pin high. The shots were consistently airborne with the reg flex shafts from a variety of lies. Landing- the ball typically rolled forward a small amount . It was just a quiet consistency all day except for my getting used to the somewhat flatter lie on the front 9 and hitting a couple of fatties. The 8 iron helped with one of two birdies. I enjoyed the bounce which is fairly strong compared to some sets as you go down the set. They did well and were predictable.. especially getting the ball up.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I took them out again today. I think they are at least 5 yards longer than anything I have hit. Its tough sometimes. I drove a 9 iron slap over a par three moat green with a good line. It plays 130 but there was no real wind. Another par three I played 140. Ball was at least ten yards past -on the green at least -with a good line using the 8i . I was clubbing down on some holes..choking down on others..just gotta find their sweet spots. Never got to use the 5,6,7 today cause we played from the whites. Consistent clubs though. The ball gets up and outta there. On the range I got 155 out of the P but on the course when I flighted it normally 125 seemed like its number. So 125-30P, 135-40 9i, 150 8i that sorta stuff is coming out of them for me. No real back spin off the green. I was getting the most out of the ball in the air and it was landing spent.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
i don't have the Tour Bladez, iv'e got the "normal" TM Rocketbaldez with stiff OEM Shaft - defiantely a bit longer than my older irons.

but agree fully with you - I have defiantely gained yardage with them - played with mine for the first time yesterday as well - lot to learn with these clubs.

One Par 3 i usually have to hit a 6 or 7 iron (depending on wind) yesterday no wind so i hit the 8 iron over the green....o going to be fun once i've learned them...:D

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
i don't have the Tour Bladez, iv'e got the "normal" TM Rocketbaldez with stiff OEM Shaft - defiantely a bit longer than my older irons.

but agree fully with you - I have defiantely gained yardage with them - played with mine for the first time yesterday as well - lot to learn with these clubs.

One Par 3 i usually have to hit a 6 or 7 iron (depending on wind) yesterday no wind so i hit the 8 iron over the green....o going to be fun once i've learned them...:D

Im actually wondering about my gaps. But thats what wedging is about I guess .

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Speaking of wedges the bladez have the machined grooves like the cleveland rtx wedges I play. I didnt realize that until sunday.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Ok these are my new gamers. I picked up the wedges but had them shafted the same as the irons.

🔥 Latest posts