• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TM SIM Max Review

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I got a "lend" of a TM Sim Max with a UST Proforse V2 shaft and have now hit it several times, both on the course and at the range. It is a funny shape but man, that thing is a rocket launcher!

Plenty forgiving, with a solid (almost dull) thwack. The ball flight is amazing. The Cobra is scared. The only drawback is the $$$ price tag. I reckon that TM will bring out their next model in September, so I might wait a month or two before pulling the trigger.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hey Jerry, did you do a review of yours? The 12 degree I tried probably hits it too high, I had it down a notch or two so probably delivered at 11 degrees. I love that limey V2 shaft!! Great club, very forgiving.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I thought I did. I just sent you a personal message as I forgot about this thread. I got the 10.5 Max and going to the Riptide shaft had to up the loft a couple small marks. The Riptide shaft is apparently a little lower "mid" launch then the Diamana was. I thought you bought this but here's a thought. In the M series everyone says the first one M1 and M2 were the best LOL. I can't imagine how they could make this driver better.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I have a M6 3 wood, which I love. I never hit the M6 driver but I got a chance to demo the SIM Max and was instantly hooked. Up to now, I have been gaming a Cobra F9. A lovely club, but gets left on the porch compared to the SIM. I guess it depends on the shaft you mate it with, but it feels lovely to hit (a dull thud), it's very forgiving and gets it out there with a lovely flight. My only concern is a few heel shots I have hit which translate into a fade (a shot my game rarely sees). Not sure about the forgiveness on the heel section. I managed to get a head only deal and found a shaft that works for me. I've another shaft waiting to get a TM adapter put in.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online