• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

To Ho, Or Not to Ho, That is the Question (Actually there are 2 questions in here)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
If you want one, check your local Dick's/Golf Galaxy/Golfsmith/etc. They're $149 brand new everywhere now, plus most places have a lot of these used with different shafts. You might find the exact club you're considering and be able to demo it before buying.

As far as a comparison, the 580 XD followed the 540 time wise, and was the last offering prior to the r7's coming out. I'd say you're not going to notice a significant difference in the 580 and the 2 you already have.

With all that said, the 580 XD is an outstanding driver and you will like it if you decide to buy one.

I had one as a backup to my Ping G5 until my wife hit it once...haven't seen it since!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
But seriously. The reviews of the r580 XD are great. Is it likely to be more forgiving than an r7? Longer would be nice, but not as critical.

Name your shaft and loft. I'll buy you a 580XD and trade it for your R7. Seriously.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.