• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

To you folks who sell on Ebay

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
Do you guys do OK? Is it a pain?

I ask because I am going to China and I hear they have all kinds stuff a very low prices.

I have bought DVD's on ebay from china and they were fine. Just the words on the box were chinese. I thought about loading up on some.

I'm gonna try to find me some new golf toys while i'm there to.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I tried buying shirts a couple times. . .pricey jerseys of some sort out of China.

Didn't really figure it out until the 2nd or 3rd shirt that XXL in China translates to about an L here!! That sucked.

I've not bvought anything out of China for awhile. Had a couple things lost on the way here. I'd just assume buy and sell from the Cont. US.

This is thru Ebay though. Never been there, so I can't say what its like there. If you find a some FT-iqs on the cheap, pick one up for me and I'll pay you back :D

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
If you find a some FT-iqs on the cheap, pick one up for me and I'll pay you back :D

Just as a note to this, what are the chances that any club you pick up in China is going to be counterfeit? 90%? 95%? I don't think that it is worth it, almost no matter what the savings. The chances of getting a counterfeit that is going to cave in after the 5th hit just seem too great to me.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Just as a note to this, what are the chances that any club you pick up in China is going to be counterfeit? 90%? 95%? I don't think that it is worth it, almost no matter what the savings. The chances of getting a counterfeit that is going to cave in after the 5th hit just seem too great to me.

Well, I don't really know the threadstarter at all, so it was basically a joke, although, if he PM'd me in a month and said hey--I've got FT-iqs for a bill, I'd probably try one. I've spent more than that at a sushi bar on myself. But yeah, I don't really experiment with golf clubs out of China. He mentioned dvds, not really sure what else he had his eye on.

OP
D

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
I assumed most of the golf stuff was made in china anyway. So why would it be fake?

Clubs and balls etc are made in the US?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I do okay, better income than I'm making at my actual job anyway.

:(

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I assumed most of the golf stuff was made in china anyway. So why would it be fake?

Clubs and balls etc are made in the US?

The largest percent of golf clubs, today, are manufactured overseas... China, Taiwan, and Japan. The OEM's contract with the foundries and have the heads cast over there. Some OEM's assemble here in the U.S. Others have the complete club assembled over there.

The fact that the casting houses are overseas lends itself to counterfieting. Within hours of new molds being built for an OEM, there are quite similar molds that "show up". The products of those counterfiet molds can be almost impossible to discern from the "real thing". Since the product goes, immediatly, to a secondary (black) market the items can be purchased for considerably less than the products that go through OEM's.

ebay has had difficulties with these counterfiet products being sold through their auctions. Some are sold and the buyer never knows he has a fake. Others are found out when the product is received. Some find it out when they have a warranty issue and find the product was not what they thought it was.

If it were me, I would never purchase golf equipment in Asia today. Even though "living" golf equipment for years, there are many of the fakes I could never differentiate from the real thing. And, to purchase for resale on ebay... NEVER!!! The major OEM's are constantly pursuing and prosecuting those who market the fakes. Likewise, ebay has made some marginal attempts at policing the issue. You would need to understand there could be some risk of needing legal assistance if you were to happen to get caught up in such an investigation or prosecution. It IS illegal to possess or sell the fake clubs!!!

As far as ebay marketing, my wife sells a lot of product over the bay. She crochets. Turns out beautiful doillies, baby clothes, etc. with a crochet hook. (She's a hooker and proud of it!) She digitally photographs the product, puts it on ebay, and sends it all over the continental U.S. And, this is a lady who won't use both sides of a 4-slice toaster because she's afraid the extra 2-slices will overload an electrical circuit. This is a lady who is even more 'puter illiterate than I... and that is REALLY bad!!! So, it can't be a difficult task to market on ebay, if you so choose.

Certainly, do what you think best. Just do not think for a moment that product you purchases in Asia and says Callaway... looks like Callaway... is Callaway. Or Taylor Made. Or Ping. Or Titleist.

🔥 Latest posts