• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Today was my last round of golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
at my club. I will write them a letter tomorrow canceling my membership.

They killed all of the Canadian geese. Dead geese were floating in the lake, at least 20 of them.

I know they eat the grass. Well, big ****ing shit. Grass grows back. When I go out into nature I expect to see some ****ing peaceful wildlife, not carcasses.

If all of the courses do this, I'll just hit balls at the range from now on.

Hybrid-Heaven

Oct 22, 2006
at my club. I will write them a letter tomorrow canceling my membership.

They killed all of the Canadian geese. Dead geese were floating in the lake, at least 20 of them.

I know they eat the grass. Well, big ****ing shit. Grass grows back. When I go out into nature I expect to see some ****ing peaceful wildlife, not carcasses.

If all of the courses do this, I'll just hit balls at the range from now on.

Wow! You'd think they would have just removed them if they were going to get rid of them. Maybe catching them was too hard. Not cool if they did do that.

It's possible they accidently ate some fertilzer or something. Did you talk to the club about it?

clint

Aug 17, 2006
It's possible they accidently ate some fertilzer or something. Did you talk to the club about it?

I'm thinking something along those lines. I can't see how purposely leaving dead animals laying around could be made as a business decision. At least I hope not.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Doc you should talk too someone at the club I doubt they intentionally killed
the geese. I don't believe the DNR would allow them too just kill the geese.

If they did you live in a tough state!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You know who to call better than us. That's BS. You can bet they'd all be in handcuffs quick up here. I hate the turds on the greens as much as anyone but I'll fling a turd with the back of my putter rather than kill the geese any day. They were all over #12 when I got to the green. One of them sqeezed out a fresh one, then I hit a short high pitch, landed on one of thier backs and he squawked. I just got my ball, put it back where it was and hit it again, no big deal.
BTW all the geese I see up here have those tags on there legs, do they have that down there?

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Pesticides and insecticides used illegally to kill nuisance wildlife and predators can indiscriminately kill migratory birds protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act
its a federal crime

this link will give you contacts in GA
http://www.fws.gov/southeast/law/News/GA Cattle DOJ.htm

more likely the action of some AH individual golfer who’s world comes to an end cause he missed a putt

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Yeah, as much as I have stated I hate the flying oversized rats, I can't imagine stooping to the level of poisoning the entire bunch. Nothing a good Border Collie couldn't handle, and I hate to think of the consequences of laying poison for any animal to find. If the course is in fact responsible, they should be shut down and the responsible party should be locked up. Although I would think they would have better sense than that and would think it may be the act of some idiot or disgruntled golfer. Personally I feel little sympathy when I hit my ball into a herd of geese, and have even been known to chase them around with my golf cart on occasion, but I couldn't see intentionally harming them simply because they are a nuisance on the course.

Definately would be worth reporting to the local authorities. They may be able to get samples from the water or the geese and track down the responsible party.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Yeah, as much as I have stated I hate the flying oversized rats, I can't imagine stooping to the level of poisoning the entire bunch. Nothing a good Border Collie couldn't handle, and I hate to think of the consequences of laying poison for any animal to find. If the course is in fact responsible, they should be shut down and the responsible party should be locked up. Although I would think they would have better sense than that and would think it may be the act of some idiot or disgruntled golfer. Personally I feel little sympathy when I hit my ball into a herd of geese, and have even been known to chase them around with my golf cart on occasion, but I couldn't see intentionally harming them simply because they are a nuisance on the course.

Definately would be worth reporting to the local authorities. They may be able to get samples from the water or the geese and track down the responsible party.

you think one idoit or disgruntled golfer could kill 20 geese, thats gotta be one angry guy.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It sounds like they poisoned them which is highly illegal. Most courses use dogs to just chase them away. We have a serious problem with "Giant Canadian" geese (not the kind that migrate). These are not hunted since they live their lives "protected" on golf courses and in cities where hunting isn't allowed. Their numbers are just out of control. The trained dogs work beautifully to keep them off the courses (along with their manure). I could see how a bunch of dead carcasses (which could have been used to feed some hungry people) are left to waste.

:)

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
My Mom breeds Border Collies and several of her dogs have been bought by people that train them to herd the geese back into the water and keep them of golf courses. It's very cool to watch these dogs do this.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ya, geese are a problem here too. But you know what? We friggin' manage alright. In fact, as stated above, the black lab and a kid riding around in a cart do a pretty damn good job all summer.

That's ridiculous. If you find out that the greenskeepers were responsible, you can state in your letter that I tell them they can stick it up their arses as well....and they can contact me directly if they have a problem with that.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Absolutely aweful, whatever the reason, they need to be punished.

As far as herding dogs, I've got a blue heeler that was also good with our horses, and herding dogs are great to see in the act.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Well, SDVM, you have just ruined my day. Not you personally; but your post just makes me sick to my stomach.

We also get the Canadian geese here at my home course; but I have never seen a dead one during the time I have been here. The pleasure of watching them far outweighs the inconvenience they cause to me as a golfer. I have even gone so far as to drive ahead in the golf cart to clear them off a green rather than take a chance of injuring one by hitting into them.

You obviously know more about what really happened than any of us; and are in a better position to decide upon your courses of action. However, if I had any reason to believe that my course managers were intentionally killing wildlife; I would do everything I could to cause grief for them.

I joke around about a lot of things on this forum; but abuse of living creatures is something for which I have zero tolerance.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Geese in my area are federally protected migratory waterfowl. You can't just indiscriminately kill them.
It might be smarter to find out what happened to the geese before you dump your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.