• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Today was my last round of golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
So disappointing that they would do that, regardless. I find it hard to believe there was no other solution that would have been more humane.

On the note of knowing what your killing. IN 6th grade we had to take care of chickens, and come spring, kill them, clean them, and the whole bit. I still love my chicken, but I at least appreciate what it is.

There is another solution, the course i work at has these guns (i didnt want to use gun but i couldnt think of anything else) that shoot small explosives, like a large firecracker, at the geese and they get scared away, and usually dont come back. Its a pretty good way to deal with the problem, and it only takes about 30 seconds.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I smell border line communism here. MALICE

For those of you concerned about the safety of firing a pellet gun in such an area. You probably have a ring or two in your ear- or your son does. No wonder we're on the verge of losing this war. Take all the guns away! Make love not war. Peace love and Bobby Sherman baby.
MALICE
But get over it and start putting your energies into solving the real problems in the world instead of whining about your silly ass golf course supt 's lack of manners.
MALICE

Aye, don't be so quick to judge others indeed.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
There is another solution, the course i work at has these guns (i didnt want to use gun but i couldnt think of anything else) that shoot small explosives, like a large firecracker, at the geese and they get scared away, and usually dont come back. Its a pretty good way to deal with the problem, and it only takes about 30 seconds.

See, now that's a great idea.

Now I know this may sound hippy, but I don't kill mice even. I catch them in a safe trap and take them out to a field far away. They are filled with disease, ruin things, and generally annoying, however, I've no right to kill them, I simply move them hoping that we can both live...just seperately, :)

gold nugget

Sep 1, 2006
With any luck at all, you'll get out in the real world and start making a living on your own, maybe raise a family, and even get your nose bloodied a few times. At that point I am confident we can have a more meaningful conversation about the really important things in life.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
With any luck at all, ***'** *** *** ** *** **** ***** *** ***** ****** * ****** ** **** ***, ***** ***** * ******, *** **** *** **** **** ******** * **** *****. ** **** ***** * ** ********* ** *** **** * **** ********** ************ ***** *** ****** ********* things in life.

You mean like golf? *** **** *** ***'* ** *******? ******* **'* * ****** ***** ***** ******? **** *** **** ** ** ****** **** ****** **** *** **** ** ****?

********** ** *** ****. THANKS ANYWAY...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
...and the crowd was asked by the Pilot "which of the two do you want me to release to you, Barabbas, the murderer, or Christ? " And the crowd responded "release Barrabas" And Pilot said to them "What then shall I do with Christ?" And they responded "Let him be crucified!"................

Wowww .... serves them right for flying on those low budget airlines !! .. or maybe we're taking Pilate (Pontius) ..thought it was bad here when ya cant get a packet of peanuts on Ryanair ....

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
A guy I met at the range last night said some of the other local courses use artificial alligators in their lakes to scare the geese away.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
With any luck at all, you'll get out in the real world and start making a living on your own, maybe raise a family, and even get your nose bloodied a few times. At that point I am confident we can have a more meaningful conversation about the really important things in life.
Highly unlikely, as you fail to make any attempt to address anything that is mentioned in regards to your comments. With your ever shifting conversation and changing of the subject, I find it hard to believe we will ever carry on a conversation about anything really important or meaningful. I know I am done trying, as your method of conversation appears to be one of making critical statements of others opinions, and then change the subject when it comes back towards you. Personally, with this lack of tact, I find it hard to believe you will be able to maintain a meaningful conversation with few on this board.

But good luck trying!!! For me this has shifted from annoyance to simply boredom as you have gone from gun control, government, religion, and now upbringing, without addressing any of the real context regarding your comments. I am now forced to believe you are simply 14 and not a radical, so you will be the last one I will rely on to point out who needs to grow up and mature. Take light of you own comments when considering your future replies, as I feel you have lost that same respect from the majority on here. I know I have concluded that any further response to your drivel on my part is simply a waste of my time.

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
I know I have concluded that any further response to your drivel on my part is simply a waste of my time.

BRAVO, FKA!!! I, for one, think that we should all stop wasting time responding to the foolish, simple-minded, flame-inducing GN's post. I only followed this post to see what Docs course said about the geese, and to see it disintegrate into the kind of hateful, ignorant vitriol that I have seen is very disheartening.

And comments like (and I paraphrase) "maybe some day you will grow up, have a family, and get your nose bloodied and then we can have a meaningful conversation" are just plain ridiculous. Frankly, I know more "adults" with families that are pompous, self-righteous fools (GN?) than college students that actually care more about the world than their own bank accounts. Good for you, Jeff. I too feel that we should treat all animals better, and that is why I have never bought a pet at a store, but rather rescued them from the pound...

Just my 2 cents, and I am sure that I will now get flamed by GN, but I, like FKA, will not respond anymore to this guy.

gold nugget

Sep 1, 2006
A little thinned skinned aren't we. Stay in the fight, it helps to build character. What would your professors say? Just remember to never allow yourself to get upset, or the other guy is sure to win. Besides, it's not good for the health or the soul.

Great fun!!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
With Christmas coming soon, I would like to ask all of my friends here at Shot Talk to pitch in and help me get this nice Troll headcover for gold nugget. It's all in the spirit of giving of course:

awww.shop_safely.com_products_img_headcovers_troll_green_sock.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'll do one better. Thread closed, Gold Nugget done like dinner.

Merry Christmas, boys!

R35

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts