• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Today was the weirdest golfing day of my life

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
This was one of those days I will never forget, for a couple of reasons. I set 2 personal records today, both of which I am 100% can never be broken. A little about the how the day began. The wind was brutal, 25mph gusting to 40mph, it was cold as hell and the tendinitis in my left shoulder was killing me. A took a few Aleve this morning and by the time I tee'd off I was feeling OK.
So heres a few stats.

Fairways 14/14
GIR 0/18

Yep, that aint a typo.

I hit every fairway today, I have never done that before, closest I have ever come was missing 2. I was hitting my 9* dct with a graman ul780 today (S flex tipped 1 inch). I picked this driver this morning as it has the most boring trajectory of any club I own. I was striping it all day. In the wind, down wind, cross wind, it didnt matter. I hit driver on 11 of the 14 holes and was not once more than 5 yards from the center line. My ave distance had to be a good 275 as well so I wasnt just chipping them out there. It really was a freakish day of the tee.

This however is where the good times ended. The thing was I was hitting my irons real, real solid. I just could never get a feel for the wind and distance today off the fairway. The funny part about not hitting a green was that I really didnt hit a bad iron shot. They would just drift a little left, or a little right, be a hair long or a hair short. I was in 14 greenside bunkers today. I pretty much wore out my sand wedge. I got up and down a lot today and was pretty happy overall.

Shot a 7 over 79 which I was tickled pink with all things considered.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Damn, perfect 14 and a perfect goose egg?! Nope, you won't ever broke those PRs! :laugh:

You must have really been smacking that DCT to hit 14/14 in those winds! A round of +7 without hitting a single GIR means your short game must've been on fire!!

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
A round of +7 without hitting a single GIR means your short game must've been on fire!!

Seven 1 putts and 2 chip ins for bird, Nine 2 putts

for a total of 7 pars, 2 birds, and 9 bogeys

Like I said I was very pleased all things considered, with extreme emphasis on the all things considered part.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Nice going,sounds like it was quite windy.

Last year I hit 14 greens and shot 80 with nine 3 putts,you beat me

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Seven 1 putts and 2 chip ins for bird, Nine 2 putts

for a total of 7 pars, 2 birds, and 9 bogeys

Like I said I was very pleased all things considered, with extreme emphasis on the all things considered part.

dare I say, en fuego!

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
nice round.. or should i say nice short game, and driving... i feel so disappointed when i hit a great iron shot, but have it miss the green, i dont know if i could handle having 18 of them...

sounds like you have a great mental game to work through missing those greens with good shots, but still getting up and down..

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Crazy!

Awesome score though, scrambling at it's best, good job Lyle.

🔥 Latest posts