• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

todays practice

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
well, started off okay, got really bad, took an 8 after two unplayable lies, (don't ask), one of my playing partners (always so full of B.S.), is really starting to get on my nerves, so with about 4 holes left in our nine, he mentions i'm falling behind, which is more than obvious to everyone, he just hit a nerve, what do i do?, rally, that hole hit a nice drive, pushed a little right but just missed the fairway, hit my gap wedge to about 12 ft. and two putt, simple par, he has a bad hole and somehow comes away with bogie, next hole, i absolutely demolish my drive, very long very straight, he hits hit in the drink then retees into the fairway, after a 5 wood left i chip on and two putt for bogie and he doubles, next hole i par he bogies, and the same on the next hole, before i know it, i find i rallied for a 41, with him finishing at 42, i know it doesn't sound like much but it just boosted my confidence so much to know that i beat this guy and made him mad after he was being such an "asshat", lol, anyone had one of these rounds

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Lesson, never talk trash before the match is over. One lip out can change a round and then you have to listen to him the rest of the round.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
youngun5 said:
well, started off okay, got really bad, took an 8 after two unplayable lies, (don't ask), one of my playing partners (always so full of B.S.), is really starting to get on my nerves, so with about 4 holes left in our nine, he mentions i'm falling behind, which is more than obvious to everyone, he just hit a nerve, what do i do?, rally, that hole hit a nice drive, pushed a little right but just missed the fairway, hit my gap wedge to about 12 ft. and two putt, simple par, he has a bad hole and somehow comes away with bogie, next hole, i absolutely demolish my drive, very long very straight, he hits hit in the drink then retees into the fairway, after a 5 wood left i chip on and two putt for bogie and he doubles, next hole i par he bogies, and the same on the next hole, before i know it, i find i rallied for a 41, with him finishing at 42, i know it doesn't sound like much but it just boosted my confidence so much to know that i beat this guy and made him mad after he was being such an "asshat", lol, anyone had one of these rounds
Next time, just come back with this:

"You're falling behind."

"Yep. And you're ugly. I can always practice harder."

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
nice, i'll have to write that one down

🔥 Latest posts