• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Today's round...

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Played my local mountain course today alone. Very tight course in very windy conditions, and I shot a somewaht respectable 85. Ballstriking, good overall.

I video taped my swing a few minutes ago and see that my backswing is still extremely flat, despite my efforts to improve that. Geez! What do I have to do to break bad habits? I'll now go and smoke a carton of cigarettes and drink a 5th of Jack.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Played my local mountain course today alone. Very tight course in very windy conditions, and I shot a somewaht respectable 85. Ballstriking, good overall.

I video taped my swing a few minutes ago and see that my backswing is still extremely flat, despite my efforts to improve that. Geez! What do I have to do to break bad habits? I'll now go and smoke a carton of cigarettes and drink a 5th of Jack.

I'm pretty sure the answer to a more upright swing plane is Jim Beam. The Jack is only helpful when you're trying to cure a slice. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My first bit of advice is to get rid of the smokes.

Secondly, from your post(s), you seem to make a huge deal about your takeaway. Do you think some of your poor play could be attributed to your unfufilled success with your backswing?

Sometimes when I get in a rut, i just stop thinking about the swing altogether. It's one of those "keep it simple, stupid" routines for me. I go out and make sure i have a good time for a few rounds in a row, not caring so much how i play, as long as I am in good spirits. Nearly every time i do this, my swing finds it's own groove. And I end up playing better with a carefree attitude.

I know it's not for everyone, but maybe you're putting too much stock in something that really could be left alone.

I dunno. I'm Canadian. That's the best i have. :p

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
My first bit of advice is to get rid of the smokes.

Secondly, from your post(s), you seem to make a huge deal about your takeaway. Do you think some of your poor play could be attributed to your unfufilled success with your backswing?

Sometimes when I get in a rut, i just stop thinking about the swing altogether. It's one of those "keep it simple, stupid" routines for me. I go out and make sure i have a good time for a few rounds in a row, not caring so much how i play, as long as I am in good spirits. Nearly every time i do this, my swing finds it's own groove. And I end up playing better with a carefree attitude.

I know it's not for everyone, but maybe you're putting too much stock in something that really could be left alone.

I dunno. I'm Canadian. That's the best i have. :p

R35

And speaking of Canadian - maybe he should drink some Canadian instead of the Jack.....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo said:
And speaking of Canadian - maybe he should drink some Canadian instead of the Jack.....

Tommorrow's a holiday here. Don't mind if I do! :yellow:

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Tommorrow's a holiday here. Don't mind if I do! :yellow:

R35

Tommorow's a holiday here too but mostly for government employees. :zxflipoff Anyway, if the weatherman's right today is the last nice day we'll have this week so I'm off to the range. :thumbup:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Geeze, being classified as a government employee has it's perks... :)

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Geeze, being classified as a government employee has it's perks... :)

R35

Yeah, banks are off too. I guess I could take the day off, but when your self employed what exactly is a paid holiday?

Speaking of governments, could you talk to someone up there about all the Canadian air that keeps coming down here. It was about 80 here yesterday and today it's in the fifties. It's my understanding that this is coming right across the border without papers or anything. Please see what you can do. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
As long as it pays all duties, broker fees and applicable taxes, there's no stopping it.

I'm sorry Dave, it's totally out of my hands....

Bastards and their warm weather.....50's? 50's?....i wish! :xxrotflma

R35

🔥 Latest posts