• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Todays round

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I have now played a round with the Nike NDS Irons (rented) and the Ignite Driver and FW's, as well as Nike blue chip putter. I have no confidence in Nike golf products whatsoever. Like the Nike balls and that is about it, tried the Slingshots and didn't like them, have also tried the Squatch Driver and wasn't to thrilled with it either.

On the upside my 150 yards and in to the green is really coming together. I have no problems at all with it. That is until I am on the green, putting still blows chunks.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I'm with you: Nike balls are great, especially the cheapie Super Soft. I have no desire to have the swooshtika on my clubs.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I am exactly the same way. I just don't like the feel of any Nike product, including their balls. It all feels very bland to me and there are lots of alternatives that give me way better results.

To each their own, of course...

R35

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I've played the Nike SS and the Pro Comp and I will say that they were better than expected (no where near Mizunos though). I hated the Nike Ignite driver and dislike the Sasquatch driver as well.
BUT...the Nike Sasquatch 5-wood with a Diamana shaft that I have is a great club. I've mentioned this before but it a VERY easy club to hit. I've hit fades, draws, stingers and 200 yd floaters with it (lest anyone get the notion that I'm that good this is not "golfing on command", I can just pull these off most of the time.) Right now it is my favorite club and that is the last thing I expected!

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I really liked the SQ, and i don't know why. Sure its ugly, but i like it. If i dont go SMT, I may go with a SQ Tour with a Accuflex Evo. I have played the NDS' and i accually thought they were nice irons, good feedback and pretty good workability for a low end iron.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I have limited experience playing with the Nikes, but I have tried the Slingshot and Combos and enjoyed both... but what do I know, I usually play with a baseball bat, shovel, rake and a Pink Lady :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, all the new Nike stuff(excluding my beloved OneBlacks) is so so.

However, the original Nike Forged Irons and their first driver out(which I own) are both wonderful clubs.

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
Personally, I love my Nike Black Oz T100 putter. After two or three rounds with it, I have the speed and line down. The last three rounds I have played in under 2 putts/green average, which is a first for me. Never was a great putter with my previous POS, but this thing has great feel and balance for my stroke...

Just my 2 cents.

atlgolfer

Aug 9, 2006
I have a SQ tour driver and am very comfortable with it. this past weekend, I hit 7/7 fairways with it, got to play only 9 holes.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Based on the info in the first post I think you need to practice putting

hth

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Based on the info in the first post I think you need to practice putting

hth

Yeah that would be an understatement., got the driver working again real nice and my 8 iron through LW are freaking dandy, anything longer than that or the putter bring out the hacker in me.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Yeah that would be an understatement., got the driver working again real nice and my 8 iron through LW are freaking dandy, anything longer than that or the putter bring out the hacker in me.

At least you have this in common with Hogan....

🔥 Latest posts