• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tom Lewis - the next big thing in golf?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
In only his third start young Lewis has just won the 2011 Portugal Masters, which compares with Tiger - 5th and Rory - 38th. Five birdies in final 7 holes. Fairly sensational stuff!

This guy showed promise after shooting a 65 in the first round of the Open this year, but I never thought he would break through so quickly. So now he has secured his tour card, I wonder what else he will throw up. Outstanding potential, watch this space.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Another young player that could bring excitement to this game. Lewis beat the likes of Harrington, Kaymer, Bjorn, Jiminenz, etc... and beat them soundly. One of the better finishes in this tourney was John Daly. Tied for 116th, he actually finished a tournament without walking off the course!! :>)

What ever happend to Clark, the short guy with the long putter? He seemed to be tearing up the Tour, early in the season. Then, he just dropped off the face of the Earth.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
An incredible achievement. So many ‘next big things’ take a year or more to achieve their first professional win. I watched him play as an amateur at last year's Australian Open and there was a buzz around him then.

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
Darren Clark you mean? He won about 5 million for the Open, that's what. he had a sponsor that paid out like 3 mill plus tourney earnings.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
South African guy called Tim Clarke? Elbow surgery.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Thanks! It was Tim Clark that I wondered about. Elbow surgery?? Wow! They work medical miracles, today. Hopefully, he'll come back strong. Always enjoyed seeing him play. Darren Clarke? I knew he won The Open, this year. If what he said is correct, he's still not sober!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.