• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tommy Armour Irons???

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
i played 845 cs silverback for this season. solid club, decent appaernece, but dead feel. mbs may feel good though
the feel was the main issue for me switching to ta2s.

offthegrid

Jan 13, 2007
I play Ping Zing but last yr just for fun I bought on ebay 2 sets of forged Armour's, got them at a great price 845c ($125) and 845m ($150).

I got them because I had not played a forged club since the 70's and thought it would be fun for sunday bag.

The 845c is a large face forged cavity back.
The 845m is a small face muscel back a real classic.

Both are great clubs. Check out the Golfworks Playability ratings these are 2 of the highest rated forged iron sets ever made.

I absolutly love the 845m classic's. When you hit the sweet spot I had forgoten how good the feeling is with a classic size muscel back.
Kind of ----------orgasmic

The strange thing is I manage the same scores carrying just the 5, 7, 9, pw,sw 845m as I do carring my regular full set of zings.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I play Ping Zing but last yr just for fun I bought on ebay 2 sets of forged Armour's, got them at a great price 845c ($125) and 845m ($150).

I got them because I had not played a forged club since the 70's and thought it would be fun for sunday bag.

The 845c is a large face forged cavity back.
The 845m is a small face muscel back a real classic.

Both are great clubs. Check out the Golfworks Playability ratings these are 2 of the highest rated forged iron sets ever made.

I absolutly love the 845m classic's. When you hit the sweet spot I had forgoten how good the feeling is with a classic size muscel back.
Kind of ----------orgasmic

The strange thing is I manage the same scores carrying just the 5, 7, 9, pw,sw 845m as I do carring my regular full set of zings.

Are the 845m the same as what I posted the link too? Those look like pretty sweet clubs. Where did you find the Golfworks ratings? Is it on their website? Sounds like a useful tool...

offthegrid

Jan 13, 2007

The ones you had in your post are TA SilverScott's That was there new offering replacing the 845m blades a year or 2 ago. There also were some 845 silver scotts made a long time ago not to be confused with these. I don't know much about them, believe they are Forged blades and they look a little bigger than the 845m. Last I knew they were not rated yet by Golfworks, a lot of the new brand models are not rated yet by them on the web site. Go to Golfworks.com and look for the Maltby playablity ratings link.

Armour makes nice clubs with very good designs, but there marketing is crap and no one pays a lot of attention to them. They had one of the all time favorite irons with the original 845 line and let it kind of slip away.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I play 845 V-25's that I picked up brand new for $150 on evilBay. I reshafted them with Dynalite Golds and couldn't be happier. I see no need to demo any new irons. And that's saying a lot for this ho.

Members online