• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tommy armour silver scot hybrid.

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
380 yard par four. i hit a shot with the newly purchased tommy armour silver scot hybrid 18* stiff shaft model and it goes right down the middle roughly 230 yards. this is one of the best hybrids ive ever hit and ive hit a bunch. it only costs 60 to 70 dollars brand new so its definitely worth it for the value. i hit my clubs a long way its the short game that gets me my putting is even good enough to get me by i fluff chips like crazy thus my 8-10 handicap. blah blah blah this club is amazing! try it!

does anyone play tommy armour silver scot forged clubs if so id like to know how the feel and perform i play wilson pi5s now and love them but id like to get some forged clubs for the days when i feel like my game is really on.

thanks.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
380 yard par four. i hit a shot with the newly purchased tommy armour silver scot hybrid 18* stiff shaft model and it goes right down the middle roughly 230 yards. this is one of the best hybrids ive ever hit and ive hit a bunch. it only costs 60 to 70 dollars brand new so its definitely worth it for the value. i hit my clubs a long way its the short game that gets me my putting is even good enough to get me by i fluff chips like crazy thus my 8-10 handicap. blah blah blah this club is amazing! try it!

does anyone play tommy armour silver scot forged clubs if so id like to know how the feel and perform i play wilson pi5s now and love them but id like to get some forged clubs for the days when i feel like my game is really on.

thanks.

Glad those hybrids are working well for you. I hit Tommy Armour 845 V-25 forged irons, and I love them. I've tried a few other irons since I bought these a couple of years ago. I have yet to hit any iron that performs as well as these. I got them for $150 brand new on eBay, and reshafted them. They were discontinued in 2001, and there are still some sets floating around. I think an 8-10 handicapper like yourself would love them. I personally doubt I will ever get new irons again, at least not for a long while.

OP
E

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
ive thought about those along with the 845 muscleback irons and the silver scot mb irons. but im not sure because like i said i dont know anyone who plays these irons. if theyre good they would be a tremendous value club. thanks for the comment.

Burg

Jul 17, 2007

thanks.

I play the Silver Scot Forged MB's and I love them. I got the set (3-PW) on Rockbottomgolf for $149 brand new. An absolutely incredible deal considering that they came with Rifle 6.0 shafts. The clubs are also gorgeous. My only complaints were that they were very light (D0 I think) and the stock grips are very poor. However, once I got 1/2" extensions the swing weight was right at D2 and new grips made a big difference. For the money, this is an incredible set. I love the MP 67s as well but they are considerably more than $149.

Any questions that you have, I'll be glad to try and answer.

Glad the hybrid is working for you.

OP
E

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
ill probably get a 2 hybrid of the tommy armour silver scot variety. and pretty much knock out the 3 wood or ill just get the tommy armour silver scot 3 wood... i want to try the 845 muscle back irons too. those just look clean. thanks for the knowledge of the silver scot irons. i appreciate it very much. hows the distance? the feel? are the lofts weaker or stronger or standard? i have so many questions lol.

🔥 Latest posts