• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tommy Fleetwood

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
This kid has been around for a while. He has always impressed me with his attitude and his game. A rising star with Major potential. I heard an interview with him last week which just stunned me.

He had just come off the 3rd round of the Scottish Open, played just outside Edinburgh. It was a cold, windy and very wet day. He was standing there, soaked to the skin, after shooting a massively impressive -3 (best of the day) round. He was being interviewed for TV and he was asked about playing in the conditions (which by the way are what I usually play in).

His answer was along the lines of...

"Yeah, it was fun out there. It was a bit difficult but I enjoyed the challenge of the conditions. I'm a professional golfer and I get paid loads of money to play in these things, so I'm not complaining. You are going to make mistakes in this type of weather, so you just learn to accept it. I'm going to have to go back home tonight and dry everything out. Put toilet paper in my shoes. Just get ready for tomorrow!"

The guy is a breath of fresh air when you see the pampered pros all whining to be out in the rain. He lost in a play-off on Sunday but his interview afterward was just as good.

He seems like a great guy, I'll be rooting for him in the future.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
There are those who appreciate the opportunity they have been given and earned through their hard work. And there are those who have been born and raised on "Country Club" manicured courses and feel their status entitles them to perfect courses and perfect weather conditions. It is great when the Game benefits from the former... and who voice their appreciation... like Fleetwood.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
This kid has been around for a while. He has always impressed me with his attitude and his game. A rising star with Major potential. I heard an interview with him last week which just stunned me.

He had just come off the 3rd round of the Scottish Open, played just outside Edinburgh. It was a cold, windy and very wet day. He was standing there, soaked to the skin, after shooting a massively impressive -3 (best of the day) round. He was being interviewed for TV and he was asked about playing in the conditions (which by the way are what I usually play in).

His answer was along the lines of...

"Yeah, it was fun out there. It was a bit difficult but I enjoyed the challenge of the conditions. I'm a professional golfer and I get paid loads of money to play in these things, so I'm not complaining. You are going to make mistakes in this type of weather, so you just learn to accept it. I'm going to have to go back home tonight and dry everything out. Put toilet paper in my shoes. Just get ready for tomorrow!"

The guy is a breath of fresh air when you see the pampered pros all whining to be out in the rain. He lost in a play-off on Sunday but his interview afterward was just as good.

He seems like a great guy, I'll be rooting for him in the future.

If you like that you should check out the “No Laying Up” podcast. It’s a cool podcast and the one I’m thinking of is the one when they interview Joel Dahmen. He comes off as a very down to earth appreciative guy, makes no bones about the fact that he plays for and thinks about the money and it’s part of what motivates him. And frankly if I recall, I think he even said if it weren’t for the money he’d be doing something else. It was refreshing to hear a guy admit, “yeah, I like the money”.

I think most of us have all at one point or another taken a job for the money. Anyway they do some cool interviews and it’s more than the canned BS questions you normally hear in interviews. The Peter Kostis one is DAMN good too.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The president of my club was just on there. I guess I should listen to it.

It’s a cool podcast. They talk about golf the way we talk about golf, just a bunch of guys that live golf and call it like they see it. They pull no punches on network coverage if golf and how bad it is.

🔥 Latest posts