• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tommy "two gloves" Gainey at Q school

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
He's tied for 7th after 2 rounds. If he can keep it going, it'll at least give you someone to watch this weekend.

TGC is going to cover the shit out of him if he's still in contention come Saturday. If he gets his card, he will officially be "Best Big Breaker".

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Hope he makes it. Class guy with his signatures. Same finish as Jim Thorpe and 2 black gloves:).

OP
Augster

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
He's up to 3rd place after 3 rounds.

Something meaningful to watch tomorrow. There hasn't been any golf I've been interested to watch since the Tour Championship. I only like to watch "real" golf. None of these Presidents Cup/Ryder Cup/Silly season exhibitions.

Q school is as real as it gets.

Nate Adams

Aug 21, 2006
Ironic.....I just picked up "Tales from Q school" at the library yesterday. Looks like I'll be getting a double dose of Q school drama this weekend.

Nate

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
He's up to 3rd place after 3 rounds.

Something meaningful to watch tomorrow. There hasn't been any golf I've been interested to watch since the Tour Championship. I only like to watch "real" golf. None of these Presidents Cup/Ryder Cup/Silly season exhibitions.

Q school is as real as it gets.

I agree about the Q school, compelling stuff.

I quite liked the President's Cup matches though. I wish there were more match play events, to me that is real golf. :thumbs up:

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Here's another one.

Ironic.....I just picked up "Tales from Q school" at the library yesterday. Looks like I'll be getting a double dose of Q school drama this weekend.

Nate

Not to get off topic here but,
you might also enjoy the book "Paper Tiger" by Tom Coyne,
author of "A Gentlemans Game".

It's his bio of his quest to attend Q-school and earn his card.
I thought it was very good reading.

I would love to see Tommy get his card!
No tv me for me tonight, gotta work-bummer!:(

Nate Adams

Aug 21, 2006
Thanks for the tip......I'll give it a whirl.

I'm glad Tommy is doing well....not sure I'd feel the same way if it were Don Donatello...what a putz that guy was!!

Nate

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
I'm with you!

Thanks for the tip......I'll give it a whirl.

I'm glad Tommy is doing well....not sure I'd feel the same way if it were Don Donatello...what a putz that guy was!!

Nate
Even worse, Anthony from Big Break Mesquite!!!:real angry:

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Tommy's tearing them up after four rounds. Two more decent rounds and he'll have his card!! :)

Sunday night and he's 20 under :thumbs up:. Looking good... ought to get a sponsorship from Footjoy.... for Sta-soft gloves... :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
5 rounds done and he is a lock, barring a complete meltdown. He has an 8 shot lead over 25th place. Kudos to the man, because he has obviously worked hard to get there.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Looks like Tommy is feeling the pressure today. Hope he can finish up okay. (3 over on front, 1 over on back so far).....3 holes to go, 16th place.... :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.