• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Too bad I'm a short driver.

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
I was at the range last evening and notice my old driver that I was using (someone stole my Mactec:real angry:) shot out sparks. Not sure if it was the wood tees or the club but it was cool. Never had that happen before.

Also, A guy a work with has went out with me a few times and has really helped my swing. Should I offer him money? We just went out for fun be he spends the time teaching me. He's no pro but I feel as though I should give him something.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Buy him a beer, drink, whatever. Another nice gesture would be to take note of the balls he plays and buy him a dozen maybe? He most likely wouldn't feel comfortable taking money from you but a subtle gift or 2 might work. I'm sure he enjoys seeing his advice is helping you to get better and enjoy the game more. I know it's that way for me. I helped a friend out with some chipping issues and seeing him hole one out during a round was the best "payment" I could have ever recieved.

I also have not figured out exactly what causes those sparks, they are pretty cool though. lol.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's the titanium in the driver. It creates sparks when you hit the ground. They often use Ti in some fireworks to create different colours.

R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
It's the titanium that causes the sparks. A few of us will use "illegal" titanium knee pucks while riding our motorcycles on the track. Get a knee down & you throw one hell of a spark show.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online