• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Too Many 2-ball Putters

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I just spent the morning picking out my new Odyssey 2-ball putter. They've got more face inserts and shafts and variations of these then I had imagined. I tried every one!! :) I ended up with the mallet style (vs blade style) white hot XG insert version (without the goofy ring). I also found I do better with a 34" shaft then the 35" I've been playing for years. I knew I found the right one when "just like magic" I sunk about five straight ten foot putts. Now THAT'S what I need!! That new XG insert feels fantastic if you haven't tried one yet. I'll have my new Datrek bag in two weeks. Now on to my other "needs" like the Nickent 23º hybrid and a new 3-wood shaft (or 3-wood) and I'm ready!!! Heck, there's a foot of snow outside :(

(As a side note the new Sumo squared will be out in January and cost around $400 and the Callaway FTi won't be out until March/April and will be $500!!)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I just spent the morning picking out my new Odyssey 2-ball putter. They've got more face inserts and shafts and variations of these then I had imagined. I tried every one!! :) I ended up with the mallet style (vs blade style) white hot XG insert version (without the goofy ring). I also found I do better with a 34" shaft then the 35" I've been playing for years. I knew I found the right one when "just like magic" I sunk about five straight ten foot putts. Now THAT'S what I need!! That new XG insert feels fantastic if you haven't tried one yet. I'll have my new Datrek bag in two weeks. Now on to my other "needs" like the Nickent 23º hybrid and a new 3-wood shaft (or 3-wood) and I'm ready!!! Heck, there's a foot of snow outside :(

(As a side note the new Sumo squared will be out in January and cost around $400 and the Callaway FTi won't be out until March/April and will be $500!!)

Congrats!!! The XG insert has a really great feel! I had the XG-7 in the bag most of this season. Dumped it this past weekend due to never being able to get the feel for long putts. But... putters are so unique to the individual using them.

You mention a new 3-wood. I had lived with the GBB 3-wood for about 3 seasons. Loved the club... most of the time. Great as a "thriver" off the tee. Now quite as good from the fairway. The only problem was its propensity to hook hard left from time to time. It always wanted to draw, but that draw could become hard left pretty easily. I did my usual over-analysis and finally settled on the Callaway X-Tour 15 degree with Fuji Tour Platform shaft. I have the X460 Tour driver with that shaft and it has proven a good fit. Have only played one round, due to the bad weather of this past week. But, this new 3-wood felt really good. Would highly recommend you consider that as one you look at if serious about changing 3-woods. The X-Tour fairway, X fairway, and X Hot fairway have all been getting great reviews!!!

Good luck!!!!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Thanks for the info limpalong! The 3-wood (re-shaft or new) will depend on how much $$$ I come accross this winter. I've also been interested in the HiBore 3-wood because the driver hits so straight. The Adams isn't a bad club but the shaft in it is like a wet noodle.

:)

🔥 Latest posts