• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Too much rain

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've got a tee time for 9:52 at Triggs. I went out for a coffee a little while ago and it was just sprinkling. Now it's coming down pretty hard and steady, gutters full of water. I really, really was looking forward to getting out there and playing. This is looking like just too much though. I've got an Ashworth pullover but no rain pants. They're probably not letting anyone out anyway. If it lets up at all, I'm going but not looking good.

I did a lot of work last night at the range. Keeping elbows at hips and rotating around my spine. Swing felt a little "forced" but results were awesome. Hitting a 2yd. cut with the driver and irons straight and pure, every single time. 3i flying high as a 7. I'll be off to the range to hit out of the covered stalls I guess.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You know triggs well enough, just play the course on the range...i do this from time to time...makes it interesting

People look at you weird though because your switching clubs for every shot...which is 'out of the ordinary' for the range...

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
You know triggs well enough, just play the course on the range...i do this from time to time...makes it interesting

People look at you weird though because your switching clubs for every shot...which is 'out of the ordinary' for the range...

i acutally do this alot at the range.

ez... you can't keep practicing like this... unless you want to give me strokes ;)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It let up... long enough for my stupid a$$ to get out on the course, lol. I got soaked. Not only did I play 18, I played 36. Glad I did.

I'd mentioned, or not, that I made some changes yesterday in my swing. Primarily getting the elbows pointing to the hips and basically forcing them to stay in that position throughout the swing. The irons at the flagsticks were back. I forgot how much I love #2's, I made 2 of them on 200yd. par 3's with 3irons. Combined the 2 shots were about 8ft. from the stick.

Front is 35 and back is 37. I shot 42,40,39 and then a trail of oil springs and bolts... a 48 with a triple-double finish.

Anyway, my fade is back with the changes. Almost every drive was a cut and hit like 3 times my normal number of fairways. I lost some distance though, rain and wind probably accounting for most of it though. I hit driver-3i to make par on 18 1st time around and the other day I hit driver-PW.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.