• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Top Golf

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I went out to Wood Dale, IL (suburb of chicago) to a Top Golf driving range. This place is pretty cool! They have microchips in each ball that tracks the distance on each shot. There are several targets to aim for and games that the computer sets up for you.

The balls were pretty cold and distance was knocked down a bit but it is definitely the best way to practice at the range. Once the weather warms up a bit I plan on taking notes to determine average distances with each club.

Check out the site:

Top Golf USA - Corporate

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
They have a few of these in the UK. They are okay for a bit of fun. I don't trust the balls there. I went to a Nike demo day at my local one the other day, the Nike rep was just embarrassed by the balls, the movements they were doing mid air and the inconsistent distance just wasn't good.

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
Balls

The balls were very hard... I felt like because it was so cold they were not traveling like they should. As far as the flight, I was hitting my normal draw. I would say that in my 1 experience, the balls were not doing anything out of the ordinary.

5iron

Wow,thats some pretty cool stuff with the distance chips in the balls.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
There is one of these in the Northern Virginia area. I've been about five times. It is a novel idea and they actually have pretty cheap bear so I don't really go to test my game. I call it golf-bowling.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.