• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Top teams in NFL

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
When I look at the upper echelon of the NFL (double digit wins) I see pass oriented offenses with very good QBs. Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Packers. Adequate running games which are established after the pass is established. This is opposite of what teams have striven for in the past. Have to run to pass.

Has this occurred because of NFL rule changes and these are the teams who have taken advantage??

Hands off the QB. 5 yard limit to wide receiver-corner back contact. Defensive Pass interference penalties. Hard to get offensive pass interference penalty. Offensive line pass blocking holding rules relaxed.

What I see as an universal of the mentioned teams is the offensive line can pass block to the max. Packers are biggest newcomer to the quartet with some unheralded guards.

Is the NFL headed to Arena League fast break football?

One major change I would like to see is limiting pass interference to 15 yard penalty. Flagrant PI call would still be spot foul but rest would be like college ball. What do you think???

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I think your assessment is pretty accurate. What I like to see about the Packers this year is when the other team has dominating middle linemen, they don't try to run there. They run outside. They always adjust to the other teams strengths. This is why their winning and I really like their coaching staff. I think New England does this also. :D

🔥 Latest posts