• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Top Ten Reasons

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Alright Guys here is a top ten list for "why you should by used golf clubs". I think our content guy did a good job but I would like to get some critiques of the ones he has written and also some new ones that could make it better. I am happy to laugh with you guys if you come up with "risque or controversial" ones but if you want to make the updated list it has to be fairly neutral (sorry)

Top 10 Golf Gifts from Global Golf

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Oh, we are supposed to do 10? OK

10. GG takes Paypal so I don't have to use my GF's credit card.
9. They send you a reciept with and tracking #, you don't have to send 5 messages to get one.
8. Roberno is easy to get ahold of and GG's customer service will take care of any problems immediately.
7. The clubs are real so you don't have to look like a moron with a "is this driver real" thread.
6. Shipping promotions offer a big savings over Ebay
5. You'll find any current driver used about a month after it's out.
4. Condition ratings are spot on.
3. Most clubs have seen very limited use, regardless of condition, imperfections are usually paint dings from heads clanging, sharpie works wonders.
2. They are great Shottalk sponser and have offered numerous prizes for our contests... one which I have won.

1. Because with free shipping I just bought a Nickent 3DXDC 20* for a mere $29.99.
icon10.gif
Time to get my 3i bent up to 22*.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
And the number one reason to buy a used golf club as a gift is:

1. Nothing says "I love you" like a Certified Preowned Ladies Left Handed 10.5 Degree Taylor Made Driver.
http://www.globalgolf.com/golf-articles/golf-gifts.aspx
I don't see the humor in this one, I think I may be third on my wifes list after the dog and the driver. Pretty darn close, but wrong brand. Although she does use TM Irons. :laugh:

Pretty funny story, a couple years ago her clubs were lost~stolen on the airlines. I still can't help wonder the expression when the guy saw Ping irons and Callaway woods in a club glove bag, only to get home and find they were left handed women's clubs. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Top ten? Hmm. I'm a simple man with simple wishes, but here goes.

10. Used equipment flat out saves you money. Why buy new for 3 times the price when you can have 9.9/10 for less?

9. Your selection is all in one place. Try searching all over for one club over many, many classifieds. It's a tough job.

8. Reliability. You know with GG that you're getting quality. And, if you don't, they'll make it right. Try that with "John Jacobs of Scollville, Alabama".

7. I'm cheap. Please see #10.

6 I'm a good consumer and value my money. Please see #7.

5. Need some shoes? They match that 54* Hogan wedge you've been searching for and found for $19. Make perfect sense.

4. Because they sponsor Shot Talk. :D

3. Quality pictures. You get to see what you're buying. This is a HUGE plus.

2. UPS shipping. Fast and reliable....(for Yanks. :()

1. Please see #6, 7 and #10. This is incentive enough.

R35

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Becaue you're smarter than the fool that paid full retail for the same club just six months ago!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Becaue you're smarter than the fool that paid full retail for the same club just six months ago!

Bingo.

Which reminds me, for some strange reason...

Rob,

How are you guys going to adapt to the shaft and head combinations that the large OEM's are now offering? Are you going to be carrying shafts and heads seperately?

Oh how that would make a ho's dreams come true.

R35

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
We dont know yet, but it will be interesting to see what we end up carrying. Of course in the new offerings we will sell what the manufacturers tell us to but when it comes to pre-owned it will also depend on what we receive from our supply partners (ie the pro-shops, sales reps and eventually individuals)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It'll be an interesting endeavour, that's forsure. I, as a minor club ho, looking forward to this process.

Remember, if you need anyone to test any of this stuff, I'm your man. :idhitit:

R35

Jun 24, 2006
I like the Seinfled reference in the GG guys list.:laugh:

Just remember: If some fool didn't buy retail - You couldn't buy second hand.

jojosasser

May 14, 2007
A few suggestions:

You don't have to experience the sick feeling of that first scratch on your new club.

No wasted time on peeling the plastic off your club; it's ready out of the box.

It's easier to justify to your significant other: "But honey, I saved us 60% on this club. You're welcome".

No break-in time needed.

🔥 Latest posts