• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TopFlite D2+ Distance ball

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been playing the D2+ Feel ball all summer. Not bad but after hitting the Srixon Z-Star XV it is way shorter off the tee. I got it in my head to try the D2+ Distance ball so ordered a couple 15 ball packs from Dick's. Holy smokes. It's as long off the tee as any ball I've ever hit. Long off the 3-wood too. Was on or close to on all the par 5's in 2 today. It's a high compression ball vs. the D2+ Feel's low compression so does it feel harder on impact? Yes, but not all that bad. Just thought some of you old geezers might need a little more distance. I hit a number of tee shots out to 250 today. Really made me happy.

Old Chuckie T

Loveable Linkster
Jul 22, 2018
Boston
Country
I played the original, 336 dimple Spalding Top Flite (not the XL) from when it was introduced until it went out of production.

I had a tough time clubbing myself with wound balls back when they were made,
and the "Rock Flite," as it was often called, was nothing if not consistent.

Haven't tried the post-Spalding store model Top Flites.

Play the Pro V1x now which is nothing like the old Top Flite but what I'm used to presently.
Not much of an experimenter with golf balls.
I look for a new one when the present one goes out of production.
That way, it's one less thing to think about.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The replacement for the D2 Feel is the Hammer Control. I've been playing that ball for the last 6 months and I like it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I used to play the D2 feels quite a bit, but then I got a really good deal on some TM TP5's and love them.

I haven't played golf in years... :(

Might have to put some sticks together in the next year and get back out. My oldest boy is semi-interested in golf which may re-light my love for the game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I used to play the D2 feels quite a bit, but then I got a really good deal on some TM TP5's and love them.

I haven't played golf in years... :(

Might have to put some sticks together in the next year and get back out. My oldest boy is semi-interested in golf which may re-light my love for the game.
It's not whether you're ready to return to golf, but if golf is ready for your return!!!!! 😁 😁

🔥 Latest posts