• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour action 2's or Ben Hogan edge plus?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have decided to get a set of irons that I really like the looks of and get them fitted with the best shafts (for me). I'm trying to get my swing grooved over the winter by creating my perfect iron set and lots of range sessions, so I can get down to catogory 1 handicap. ((5 or less) we can all have a dream).

The irons I like the looks of best are TA2's which I own a set of already, Hogan Apex plus which I also have a set of, or Titleist 690 CB's which I don't have yet.

The shafts I want are ROYAL PRECISION RIFLE PROJECT X 5.5 OR 6.0's.

Anybody used any of these combos or rate the irons? I prefer the Ta2's at the mo as they get better results shot wise, but the hogan shafts are a quarter inch longer than standard and are made by spalding, love the feel of the Hogan's though. I'm very tempted with the Titleist 690 CB's love the looks of them but never hit one yet.

I'm after the best blend of power, accuracy, FEEL, workability & forgiveness. Any input welcome and the surplus clubs are open to offer.

cheers MG.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Now you mention it they do look sweet. The only concern I would have (as well as the price) would be the straight neck? Does that mean the heads have no offset at all? I want players irons but need that little bit of offset like the ta2's, mp30's hogans etc. They are sweet looking irons though and I know the history of being the best forging house and that the likes of Titleist & Taylor made have some of there tour irons specially made there for there tour staff.

Heres a set on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIURA-Special...yZ115280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem They all ready have the project X shafts but 6.5's may be a little stiff? How do they rate against S300's?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
They do have a minimal offset. Here's a link to Miura's site and all the specs. http://www.miuragolf.com/shop_cb201.asp

The ones you posted the link to on Ebay are the model the CB-201 is based on. (1005's are Japan only) The 6.5's will be very stiff, especially Project X. That's equal to a Rifle Flighted 7.0 if I'm not mistaken. Basically as stiff as you can get. They are expensive unless you find a deal. That's one of best things about them though, anyone can Ho a Titleist or Mizuno set, it takes some work to get Miuras.
icon10.gif
I just purely lucked out.

🔥 Latest posts