• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Burner

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Talk me in or out of it.
icon10.gif

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
too much club for me. I like the 2007 Burner though.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Firstly, it's dead ugly at address.
Secondly, it feels really dead, and spins too much.

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
Tried it.
Bought it.
Wanted a G10 pretty bad. Tried all 3 shafts. Pro did the fitting. Spun too much. Ball climbed and climbed. Dropped out of the sky. Sadly, we eliminated the G10.

Moved on to others. Best was the Tour Burner 9.5 Stiff. Nice penetrating flight. As much forgiveness (maybe more). Runs like a scalded dog.

I like.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Talk me in or out of it.
icon10.gif

Your the main TM guy on ShotTalk and in my opinion your Slacking...you should have been the 1st to get one of these things and i'm sure your overdue a new driver & review on the Home page. Get It :smilie_tm

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
POS. That's all I can say. Looks horrible, plays horrible, and the stock shafts are completely dire again.

DON'T DO IT!

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I agree with the complaints of the stock shaft. It really isn't good. I also don't like the 45.5" stock set up.

The head however feels pretty good to me. Nice sound, good flight. Not sure about any LM numbers just going by my range sessions.

Im still looking for a speeder 757 in stiff if anyone has one on the cheap.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Try the R7 Quad TP. Save some $$$.

R35

Or an R5 TP and save some money. I know you tried it before, but maybe with a diff shaft this time. The club is long and IMHO very underrated.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
How can anyone say this spins too much? It is easily one of the lowest spinning heads I have ever tested, and I have had a dozen guys hits on the monitor. The TP version with the whiteboard is so low spin I would guess that less than 1 in 20 people would be anywhere near optimal with that combo. It is without a doubt the best head available in 2008, and the stock shafts are very good, bordering on excellent, and this is the non tp version I am talking about. The TP version has the best stock shaft offering I have ever seen.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Or an R5 TP and save some money. I know you tried it before, but maybe with a diff shaft this time. The club is long and IMHO very underrated.

Got one. :D

It has temporarily kicked the Renegade out of the bag.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The R5 with any shaft will spin like a dog with Ez's swing.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Tried it.
Bought it.
Wanted a G10 pretty bad. Tried all 3 shafts. Pro did the fitting. Spun too much. Ball climbed and climbed. Dropped out of the sky. Sadly, we eliminated the G10.

Moved on to others. Best was the Tour Burner 9.5 Stiff. Nice penetrating flight. As much forgiveness (maybe more). Runs like a scalded dog.

I like.

justagolfer

You are one of the very few who dissed the G10. Cripes the whole LPGA is hitting it and they are a good group to compare to for average golfers (even though they could all wipe us on the course)... :)

On the Tour Burner... how long does that black sole stay black? I would think it would look pretty ugly after a few rounds. Of course if you're good you don't ever ground the driver..... :)

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The G10 is quite good but imo it is not much, if any better than the G2 or the G5. Kinda just more of the same. The Tour Burner has a real neat design to it. The dual crowns work wonderfully to reduce spin, and the shape is very forgiving on both heel and toe hits, more so than square designs even. Plus if you get into the TP line the shaft offerings are the best in the biz. Then again for $700 they should be.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.