• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Bazooka JMAX Carbon Fairway Woods

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I am going to write up a full review later, but I had to get the word out so the ho's can go searching.

Effortless Fairway woods. These are some amazing clubs considering what I paid for them. They are not Exotics so I am not hitting them crazy long or anything, but I was getting about 235-240 out of the 3W and 220-225 out of the 5W without even going after it.
TourEdgeClubs012.jpg

Other than in the hitting bay last week, I have never hit these fairway woods. I showed up at the course early and grabbed a bucket of ball before the round. After working with my 51* and 7 iron for a while I finally picked up mt TE Bazooka JMAX Carbon 5W. I immediately smoke the ball dead straight right at the pin I was aiming at about 220 yards down range. Must have been a mistake. I do it again. And again. And again. And again. I can't miss with this thing. And again. And again. I put it back in the bag so that the good shots don't run out.
TourEdgeClubs011.jpg

Out on the course every time I take out the 3W or 5W the same result occurs. Dead straight where I was aiming same distance as expected. I am barely swinging these things! The guy I was playing with just looks at me and asks, "How in the world are you doing that? You are just barely swinging." I can't answer him. No matter what I do, same result.
TourEdgeClubs010.jpg

I did have one bad shot with the 5W. On a sharp dogleg left hole, I took out my TEE Driver and carried it 265 yards through the fairway into the rough on the side of the bunker (The TEE driver worked out better than expected, too.) Sitting down a bit in the Bermuda rough, I decided to see what I could do with the 5W. I got too much grass between the face and the ball and ended up way short. No problem. Take out the 3W and put it just short of the green on a long par 5.
TourEdgeClubs013.jpg

These Carbons are amazing. I was able to pick them up locally in Orlando for $70 new on the 5W and $50 for the 3W as it had been hit a few times as a demo model. The best bang for the buck fairway woods you will find. The bad news is that they are on the way out and are getting hard to find. I was actively searching for some deals on the Exotics CB fairways, but that ended to day around 2PM after I walked off 18. I did not shoot a great round, but the Carbons only let me down once and it was definitely poor judgment versus a club problem.

Give them a shot if you can find one.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Nice review Tim
I had a sneaking suspicion that these were gonna be good....

jreed

Oct 27, 2006
RockBottomGolf has them for $50 a peice. Although I dont think they have the 5 wood...just 3 and 7.

🔥 Latest posts