• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge driver?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Anybody actually used the Tour Edge Driver? I had a CB1 and it was a LONG 3w, just wondered if the Driver would be equally as good? I am not talking about the proto head either, the actual regular one. Any thoughts would be great!!! here is a link to one I am looking at...

NEW TOUR EDGE EXOTICS 460cc 10.5* DRIVER NV-65 STIFF - eBay (item 330282353091 end time Nov-02-08 18:05:13 PST)http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120327534301&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Also, anybody tried to reshaft one of these? It looks like it could be a pain...but I don't know...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I am extremely happy with TEE 12*. After getting my TEE CB1 fairway woods, I couldn't hardly see how I could go wrong when I started looking to replace my G2 with a higher lofted 12*. I don't really notice it be extremely long, like I found the FW's to be compared to similar lofted FW's. It is definately consistent, and and a little longer that my 10* G2, although I was expecting such and the reason I went to a 12*.

Tim also had one for a long while and seemed to have pretty good praise for his.

edit 1 - BTW, the place that you linked (Proshopwarehouse) is where I bought both my FW's and my Driver, and they were very prompt and had great luck with them. Although I paid quite a bit more for my driver at the time (just a couple months ago) at $149, as you will find on their site. I was too lazy to wait to bid around. The $23 it is at right now is an amazing deal if it stays there.
http://www.proshopwarehouse.com/Product_Page.asp?ProductID=217

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Haven't used a TEE driver however I did buy my wife one of the Tour Edge womens drivers. Aside from the noddle soft shaft it's actually a pretty damn nice club. I haven't used it at the course but have hit a few balls on the range. Truth be told it wasn't all that much shorter than my driver was.:wow:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've only had the Proto. It was a tough club to hit. The shafts sit down in these heads so they play a lot stiffer. They've also had issues with shafts snapping due to the hosel (or lack thereof) design. Distance was not nearly as impressive as the fairway woods. I also had a 10.5* head a while back. I was going to put a CompNT 65 shaft pull in it. If I remember correctly the shaft was 43" but after a dry fit I measured the overall at only 43 3/4". So to reshaft it looks like it would need a new shaft to get 45".

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I have a TEE original 9* that never strays too far from my gamer bag. This was the driver I was using when I was playing my best golf over the past 3 years, but I unfortunately, have not had the opportunities to get out an play too much this year so I am into some higher MOI drivers for the forgiveness factor. I pulled, shortened, and aligned the Exotics branded NV65 with little problem.

I like the Exotics labled NV better than the the standard label NV for whatever reason. Probably the same exact shaft, but I seem to hit the ball better with the Exotics version of the shaft. I had one in my Geek DCT for a while and hit some rockets with it. Besides, with Rock buying a another TEE seemingly every other month I had a cheap source for the shafts as he hates the NV's. :laugh:

The TEE is not as forgiving as some of the newer high MOI drivers, but it will get the ball out there when you get good contact with it. Not as impressively long as the TEE CB fairways are compared to the competition, but still a great driver head. The TEE is my fall back/baseline driver for whatever new driver I pull into inventory. I am still tempted to put the TP labeled Diamana from my R5 TP in it to see how it goes, but I have so many other driver prjoects lying around I just have not had to opportunity to do so. Maybe after I put in the 95g NVS in the the DCT I will give the TEE a shot with the Diamana.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I like the TEE driver, so take this comment with a grain of salt.

The TEE driver is NOT in the same category as the FW's. Not even close.

But, as I said, it's a great driver.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.