• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Exotic CB4

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I've been mulling over replacing my CB2 3 & 5 woods with a CB4 4w. This would allow me to fit another wedge in my bag.

The reason I am considering this is because I have troubles with the 3w off the deck and basically only use it from the tee. The 5w is amazing both off the deck and from the tee so I don't want to lose the hitability.

Has anyone hit the CB4? Or currently using a 4w?

Thanks!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been mulling over replacing my CB2 3 & 5 woods with a CB4 4w. This would allow me to fit another wedge in my bag.

The reason I am considering this is because I have troubles with the 3w off the deck and basically only use it from the tee. The 5w is amazing both off the deck and from the tee so I don't want to lose the hitability.

Has anyone hit the CB4? Or currently using a 4w?

Thanks!

I have thought about doing the same. I replaced my 5w with a 2 ironwood that i can't hit for squat so i don't even carry it anymore. Drop the 3w and get a 4w and find another wedge...

Interested in the answers as well.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have read a review from a solid player that replaced his Titleist 3 & 5 woods for a CB4 4 wood. I can't remember which shaft he had mated to it, but he said it was as long and if not longer than his 910 D3 driver.

If you have trouble hitting the CB series off the deck, you could consider some of the other models in the TE lineup. The XCG is almost indentical candidate, but with a nice sole and bit deeper face...

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I still play a old CB1 4 wood mated to a NVS stiff flex that I love and wouldn't swap for the world. But then again, thats just me.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm with Dub on this, the original CB1 was hard to replace. I tried the 4w deal too, didn't work for me. I hit my 3w off the tee alot and while I didnt lose much distance I didnt get the same flight I was looking for. Oddly the 4w was harder for me to hit off the deck too, that was most likely me though, it just didn't seem to sit right behint the ball. It takes some adjusting to see that much loft in a wood.

Again, these are my results/feelings and most likely you would be perfectly fine with just a 4w. I don't carry the max 14 clubs either so it didn't really affect my bag set up a whole lot.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
I have the CB2, the XCG4-16.5 degree 4wd and the XCG3-13 degree 3wd. I can't hit the CB2 with any sort of consistency, it sets in my basement doing nothing. I bought the 16.5 to replace a Ping 15 degree 3wd. The TEE 4wd is longer and hits the ball higher than the Ping 3wd, so mission accomplished there. The XCG3 13 degree might as well be called a driver, I hit it about 10 yards shorter than my Ping G15 9 degree driver with way more accuracy...the guys I golf with are amazed and pissed all at the same time, it's long and straight for me....awesome club, a little taller face than the xcg4, so off the tee it works great, out of the fairway it's also awesome. I have the stock Motor shaft in both of the XCG's. I'd recommend both the XCG3 and 4.

🔥 Latest posts