• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Exotics 12* Driver

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Started here: http://www.shottalk.com/forum/equipment-talk/21811-i-hoed-its-tims-fault.html

What can I say, this thing is sickeningly straight in comparison to my 10* G2 that I actually still liked when I replaced it with this club. I would say it pretty much does everything I wanted and was surprised that I didn't struggle with it as I have the prior 2 times I replaced my driver. Played two rounds, one of which was our league championship. I deciding the way I was hitting the G2 on Friday, where was the harm in throwing it in the bag. On Saturday I only missed 1 Fairway (1st hole), on Sunday I only missed two. Should also be noted they were late in the round on a day that was 92* and humid. Started out our championship being only 2 over par and 6's holes up after 11 which included a triple bogie on 9. Being the bogie golfer I am on this course, I was happy. The heat did get to me later, and the guy I played against turned it around. I finished with 82 and won the match 4 and 3.

Distance wise, the ground is still rather soft, but this is at least 5 yards longer than the 10* G2 on average. It is also 1/2" shorter at 44*. When I cut down the G2 I was hesitant to take it all the way to 44* for 45 3/4". This came at 45" and I cut it down to 44*.

At impact, this just has a nice little Ting report to it off the face. There is also a much more noticeable report when you hit it right. One thing I did notice and managed to stay away from on the course was something I thought of when practicing with it at first. I could tell I was wanting to go after it to make up for the 2*. Just a mental block I guess. After I got that out of my head and just took my normal swing on the course, I could see the results. Probably knowing that going after any of my clubs with the Aldila NV shaft is just a bad idea.

The 1* closed face does not seem to bother me, it actually gives the club a more square to the target look at setup.

So far, after such a short time, this is a winner. I have always dreaded switching drivers and took a long time getting used to a new one. The guy I played against even asked if it was new, and seemed surprised by the change. After about the 7th or 8th he even asked if got boring just hitting the ball straight all day, and on 13 he commented after the first missed fairway and not so good second shot that it was the first bad thing he had seen all day.

The consistency of this thing definitely install confidence as I did use it on 2 narrower holes where I normally opt for 4w and hit the fairway.

May have to give some consideration to going to a Reg flex in my TEE FW woods for the next year?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Dude, you either have huge hands, or that thing was made for Barbie. :D
IMG_4118_resize.jpg

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Glad it's working for you. I have the same driver in 10.5* and love it. It's probably the only club in my bag that doesn't have to worry about finding a new home at some time.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
We'll see. Good to see you found a driver you like, but we all know how we are around here.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Didn't really notice the one picture till Doc pointed it out. Was actually surprised he didn't comment on one of the others, as I thought he would catch it but no one did yet. ;)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Didn't really notice the one picture till Doc pointed it out. Was actually surprised he didn't comment on one of the others, as I thought he would catch it but no one did yet. ;)

What? the one where you're taking the picture while you're not wearing any pants and your reflection is in the clubface?

Dude, your junk is really hard to see in that picture. Next time use a zoom lens.

:D

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
What? the one where you're taking the picture while you're not wearing any pants and your reflection is in the clubface?

Dude, your junk is really hard to see in that picture. Next time use a zoom lens.

:D
:)
Thought you may get a kick out of that one.

edit 1 - BTW, he turned 7 yesterday. Got his yearly dose of table food. Chicken, rice, cheese and Eukanuba. Having his yearly golf outing for him Saturday, 32 person shotgun scramble in his name "Siete de Ziggy", and 40 people coming over to celebrate his birthday afterwards. Not spoiled or anything. :)

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
edit 1 - BTW, he turned 7 yesterday. Got his yearly dose of table food. Chicken, rice, cheese and Eukanuba. Having his yearly golf outing for him Saturday, 32 person shotgun scramble in his name "Siete de Ziggy", and 40 people coming over to celebrate his birthday afterwards. Not spoiled or anything. :)
And for the people that still don't see it, here is a clue. :)

🔥 Latest posts