• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Exotics....my final rant...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Went to the indoor sim last night and had a chance to hit my TEE fairways again. One word describes me feelings on the evening - outstanding.

I cannot stress enough as to the look, feel, length and controlability of these fairway woods. It's like you're cheating. Dead straight, easy to turn over if needed and loooong. These are the longest fairways I've ever hit, even longer than my old Hawkeye VFT Pros.

3rd hole, 527 yards, hit the HiBore out to 283 from the center. No wind, green isn't elevated, time for the 3 wood. Fantastic contact, 3.8 yard draw, ball FLIES to the back of the green. 280+ carry. I beginning to think I should use this as my driver.

7th hole, 260 yard par 3. I'm debating hitting my 3 wood, so I grab the 5. Hammer the thing to the front where it rolls out to the center, 10 feet from the cup. I'm in awe. Normally, I'm hitting driver from both these distance.

14th hole, par 5. Hit the driver out about 285, so I'm about 270 out. Grab the 3 wood, and put a smooth, nice tempo swing on it. Ball launches perfectly, ends up 3 feet from the cup.

Simulator or not, this thing is huge. The sim gives you launch statistics and spin rates, this is an extremely low spinning 3 wood and it gives you optimal launch. What a rocket launcher.

With Tour Edge releasing their new Exotics line at the PGA show, and if you're looking for a new set of fairway woods, I suggest you try and find the older model Exotics fairways and take them on a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Our local shop has them at $169.99 new. You should call Golftown, see if they're blowing out stock yet. The come with a TE Fujikura shaft, which sucks for me, so I have mine reshafted with Accuflex Evolutions.

These two clubs are by far the most consistent and confidence inspiring in my bag - bar none.

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Tempting, but pricey.

What shaft are you using, Rock?

Duh, we posted almost simultaneously, never mind.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm gonna throw a Limey 680 into the 5 wood for fun, and because I'm stupid.

I'll let you know how it goes.

R35

PS....pricey at retail, hit up E-bay or Global Golf (they have a couple in stock I think).

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Rock,

congrats on that LIMEY btw you lucky bast.......

:)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm not on this bandwagon yet... regardless of performance in a video game.
icon10.gif

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I think the cheapest I have seen them is for $250 at Golfsmith. They are actually pretty hard to find around here to even Demo. If when the new line comes out, if they drop to under $200, I may take a look at them if I can find them to demo at that point.

BTW, here is another review I have seen on these, they usually have pretty accurate reviews IMO. This is the only equipment review they did this year.
http://www.hamegg.com/main/article.php?sid=496&mode=threaded&order=0

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
sim huh? those carries seem a little extraordinary. I'll wait for the spring review

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
sim huh? those carries seem a little extraordinary. I'll wait for the spring review

Roger that. They'll be in my bag for some time, don't worry.

(I'm not saying that the sim is right, I'm just saying they're great woods.)

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.