• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Exotics Review

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been holding off writing this until I had more experience on the course. This is my Tour Edge Exotics 10.5 driver (purchased from Siberian) in which I had a stiff Accuflex Evolution Lite shaft put in.

I have been hitting this driver as well as my Ping G5, straight down the middle and about 250-260. The difference with this club is once in awhile I do something right with my swing that this shaft really likes and it blasts it out to 300 or more. I'm getting so much confidence in this club I have sold my beloved Ping G5.

The Accuflex Lite (nano technology) shaft IS very light!! About 62 gms. I might be a little more comfortable with a slightly heavier shaft but I'm going to play this out this year. It also is on the "whippy" side for a "stiff" shaft. The swingspeed range for the stiff on this shaft is 91-105 mph which kind of is a middle flex between normal regular flex (90-100) and stiff flex (100-110). This is the ideal range for me (about 100). Otherwise I'm always on the high end of regular or the low end of stiff flex. The ProLaunch shaft on my G5 worked good for me because it as a regular that "played" stiff. If you swing up around 110 you'll definitely want the X flex on this shaft or Stiff flex on the Evolution original. When I hit this "right" the "feel" of this shaft is just tremendous. The Ping G5 was an offset 10.5 head while this has no offset whatsoever. I'm not hitting any slices at all with this club. It makes me feel good that I don't have a rotten swing which requires an offset face.

Tommorrow I've got a lesson with the teaching pro that hits this thing 300+ every time to see if he can figure out what I do "right" when I hit it so long.

I think Tour Edge really has a fantastic design here. I'll report back to this thread after my lesson tommorrow.

http://www.golfbusinesswire.com/2006_articles/105788

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. 62g isn't "light" by any standard. But, if you feel it should be heavier, maybe add a little weight with some tape.

That shaft is very, very intriguing...

R35

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
When I went to buy one of these shafts they were all backordered on every site I went to. Finally I PM'd Accuflex (Jodie) and told him I guess I wouldn't be able to put one in. He (the PRESIDENT of Accuflex) went and found one for (peeon) little me and arranged the sale and also gave me a "Nano" Accuflex baseball cap. He said this shaft is selling like hotcakes and they can't keep up with the orders. Now that is service beyond what you would EVER expect and I'm now a very loyal customer and supporter of theirs. Here's a link to some interesting info on the Evo Lite shaft. The reason I couldn't find one is the pros are flocking to it!!

http://www.golfbusinesswire.com/2006_articles/105788

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, if anyone cares, I got my much needed lesson today. I was all arms and he got me straightened out (literally!!). Got my swing speed up to 105 mph by swinging "easier". I am now crushing this thing ALL the time. Look out sssmokin. I'm coming for ya.....

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Well, if anyone cares, I got my much needed lesson today. I was all arms and he got me straightened out (literally!!). Got my swing speed up to 105 mph by swinging "easier". I am now crushing this thing ALL the time. Look out sssmokin. I'm coming for ya.....

This must be some sort of intimidation process that wbl has started?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yes, in the sibling rivalry that most twins engage in, the mental aspect is very important....

:D

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So my review of the TEE with the NT shaft is still in writing. I have hit it 19 drives with it so far, yes all of 19!

A lot of good, a lot of average and some no no's. When hit this thing goes! High, penetrating and straight. When missed it is average. Until I have more data under my belt, that's pretty much it for now.

And no Andy you are not getting it (yet!!)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Took my new 905T with Aldila NV Proto to the range last night. Definitely easier to hit straight than my 983K, and a little longer. I just have to resign myself that at age 54 I'm never gonna be a 300 yard hitter.

This is the range my teaching pro owns. He used to work for the Hogan Company and knew the Wee Ice Mon himself. I like him, have taken several lessons from him, but he's not the easiest guy to get a compliment from. Las night as I was getting ready to leave, he said "You were putting some good passes at the ball tonight."

I thought I was gonna tear up. :)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm 59 and I'm hitting 300 once in awhile. I'm going to do it all the time....somehow....

:)

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
WBL how did you decide on the shaft?I hit a TE V25 now with the stock graffaloy regular and am considering moving up to the Exotic.But I am pretty new to the eqipment game.My swing speed seems close to what you have stated as yours earlier.How different is the stock regular than the shaft you chose?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I only had this club with the Accuflex shaft. The stock shaft (not a Grafalloy) was removed before I got it so I can't compare. If you're talking about a Graf ProLaunch I had one in my G5 and loved it. Accuflex (Jody) of Accuflex was posting about problems I had with a Launcher with Graf Comp NT (nano) shaft and we PM'd back and forth a couple of times and it sounded good so I put one in.

🔥 Latest posts