• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Exotics Tour Proto

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Ok, I'll do a semi indepth review on my new driver. The Driver specs:
9* Loft
Aldilia VS Proto 70S shaft
GP ND MultiCompound

First Impression when receiving it was how clean it looked at address, even the shaft looks awesome. Hit the door running for the range, warmed up, hitting the ball pretty good. Started hitting the driver, amazed. First shot had to carry 285, it was just more of the same, draws and fades on command. It also passed the litmus test, I can hit it off the deck with ease. Ball flight is very mid, and just hits the ground with a full head of steam. Still took it all with a grain of salt, took it to the course today.
Played Orange County Nationals Crooked Cat
7493 Yards from the Q-school tees
Rating: 76.2
Slope: 139

Its a monter of a course, it was just overseeded last week to start getting ready for q-school in December. Warmed up on the range, was ripping everything from LW to driver. Stepped up to the first tee, a 544 yard par 5. Stiff wind in the face, maybe 3 clubs worth. Hit a huge drive, but pushed it right a tad. Landing in the FW bunker GPS said 286, not bad for being dead into the wind. I eventually hit my new 3 wood out of it and rolled up to 12 feet, missjudged overseeding and left it about 9 feet short:laugh:. Now the course is set up that the front plays mostly into the wind, and the beggining of the back is more of the same, but the final 4 holes are always down wind which makes it easier to really stage a rally.
It was a draw day today, so i went with it. Hit draws on every tee shot, even into the stiff wind I was landing where my burner TP comes down normally. Really didnt get a great judge of it on the front other then the 1st hole was the only missed FW. steady 270-285 drives. Get to the stretch, 16 is a 454 yard par 4 playes straight up hill. Had the wind at my back, and got my gps over 300 for the first time of the day. 302 to be exact. 17 is a 538 yard par 5, with a waste area all the way to 260 out from the tips. Ended up cutting the dogleg, gps said 305, left me a easy hybrid into the relatively easy green. Missed the Eagle putt, se la vi. 18 Is a downwind down hill 458 par 4. Ripped it down the right center, over the fairway into the lower tier. Gps said 311. Since the wind, I hit 60* into the front pin position. Driver-LW on a 458 yard hole? Im sold.

Overall, it has out performed every driver I have played. The CB2 3 wood is also rediculous, But thats a review for later in the week.

The Ratings:
Look: 9/10 Sets up awesome, 2* open and just looks so clean.
Workability: 9/10 It really can hit shots on cue.
Distance: 10/10 number 18, enough said.
Forgiveness: 4/10 This tour edges version of a TP head me thinks, Its really a players club. On the range afterwords I was trying to mishit, and boy were they nasty.

IMO this driver could really be outstanding for anyone with the game to play it. I'd say for the 7 hdcp and under. I am completely sold on tour edge products. Any questions, just ask.

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Meh, 71. Not good for how many easy birdies I should have made. The greens were interesting, they were as long as the fairways usually are :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.