• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 9.0° driver w/stiff Matrix Ozik HD6.1 shaft

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
If anyone doesn't know I bought this driver new on Ebay for $65 plus shipping. Was over $400 new. Got it because I've been hitting my Exotics 3-wood so well.

See pics in this thread...
What did you buy today?

So started off with a low runner. Made par. Second hole was a nasty dog leg par 4 so used my 3-wood off the tee. Bogey. Decided to up the loft from 9° to 10°. Cranked a nice drive on the par 5 and a good 3-wood. Second birdie on this hole in a week.

This driver is now in the bag until it misbehaves. It's staighter, longer and easier to hit then the Alpha 815. Sets up nice and an easy swing goes right down the middle. It might be the Matrix Ozik HD stiff shaft helping. I've always got along well with that shaft. And this shaft is 67g. I have been hitting all the light shafts in my drivers lately and this might have helped me improve my timing. In any case this was the bargain of a lifetime for me so far. They are out there brand new for cheap and worth the money to try one. I didn't think anything could be better then my Cally except maybe another Cally but this has changed my outlook. Carry on. If it turns on me I'll be sure to add more to this thread.

Last edited:
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
If anyone doesn't know I bought this driver new on Ebay for $65 plus shipping. Was over $400 new. Got it because I've been hitting my Exotics 3-wood so well.

See pics in this thread...
What did you buy today?

So started off with a low runner. Made par. Second hole was a nasty dog leg par 4 so used my 3-wood off the tee. Bogey. Decided to up the loft from 9° to 10°. Cranked a nice drive on the par 5 and a good 3-wood. Second birdie on this hole in a week.

This driver is now in the bag until it misbehaves. It's staighter, longer and easier to hit then the Alpha 815. Sets up nice and an easy swing goes right down the middle. It might be the Matrix Ozik HD stiff shaft helping. I've always got along well with that shaft. And this shaft is 67g. I have been hitting all the light shafts in my drivers lately and this might have helped me improve my timing. In any case this was the bargain of a lifetime for me so far. They are out there brand new for cheap and worth the money to try one. I didn't think anything could be better then my Cally except maybe another Cally but this has changed my outlook. Carry on. If it turns on me I'll be sure to add more to this thread.
Just to clarify going back to the Cally.

This driver IS easier to hit
It is not quit as long as the Cally when both are hit good.
It IS a great driver.
And it IS sold/gone//traded or whatever.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Just to clarify going back to the Cally.

This driver IS easier to hit
It is not quit as long as the Cally when both are hit good.
It IS a great driver.
And it IS sold/gone//traded or whatever.
No need to justify/clarify. You're a driver ho - you know it, we know it - the first step is admitting it. I'm a total club ho and LOVE it! ;)

🔥 Latest posts