• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge EXS Driver

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Played two rounds with this driver and adjusted to find the best setting. Got it stripping down the center and seemed long. Got out the HL3 and just crushed it down the middle. The HL3 is better.

Usually get along good with Mitsubishi shafts but the CK Tensei blue is a dud. I'm going to put in a Project X hazardas and try it again.

Last edited:
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
“Waldorf wasn’t in the market for a new driver, but he already bagged Tour Edge’s CBX 119 fairway and hybrid, so more as a “hey, why not” he put the EXS through the paces. The data was clear. The EXS gave Waldorf seven additional yards of carry and more consistent ball speeds and launch conditions.”

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It's going to be a killer!

Attachments

• hzrdus1.jpg
    hzrdus1.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 113
  • hzrdus2.jpg
    hzrdus2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 107
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Course was closed until tomorrow so went on the driving range and tuned this in. Had to set it up two lofts as with this shaft the launch was way too low. Switched the heavy weight with the light (heavy now in the back and light in the heel) and this thing was striping everything right down the center about 250 yards with range balls. A friend was on the driving range and I had him hit it as he is a long ball hitter. He striped the one shot he took right down the center out to 300 yards! I'm so pleased with how this turned out.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played it yesterday. This driver WILL NOT go right or left with this shaft and setup. No draw, fade, slice or hook. If you over swing you can pull it but a nice swing ALWAYS gives you a straight shot in the direction you're lined up to. And they are as long as I've EVER hit on average. Whoo Hoo. :p:geek:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Played it yesterday. This driver WILL NOT go right or left with this shaft and setup. No draw, fade, slice or hook. If you over swing you can pull it but a nice swing ALWAYS gives you a straight shot in the direction you're lined up to. And they are as long as I've EVER hit on average. Whoo Hoo. :p:geek:
The new holy grail.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Got my newer EXS yesterday I won so tried it out today. Original had the 50g Tensei blue shaft that I replaced with the HZRDUS yellow. This one has the 60g Tensei blue shaft which is much better but still can't touch EXS #1.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Put the new EXS on EBay. Sold it. I'm hitting my EXS with the HZRDOUS yellow so sweet. Yesterday hit all fairways and the shortest drive was 230. I had some out there really nice. My partner, Jeff, was amazed. (Actually so was I). :confused:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.