• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Ho'ing field trip

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Well, it was only a matter of time. I went out to go wedge ho'ing and end up with a new driver and fairway woods at my first stop no less.

I loaded up to Subaru and headed up to I-drive to the America's Discount Golf Outlet to peruse their equipment. Unfortunate for me, the guy that owns the place is a huge Tour Edge fan. I find the wedges I was looking for (JMAX Black Nickel Carbons) but not in the right lofts. Nuts, they were clearing them out at $49.95 a piece still in the plastic. I hit a 54* for a while, and they are the real deal. Feel was oustanding, and you could open up the blade without fear of the dreaded blade.

The guy working that side of the room starts chit chatting, and I ask him if he has any TEE Exotics CB's in stock. Nope, cleared them out last month. We then get in a discussion about the CB2's and the next thing you know he has me hitting a JMAX Bazooka Hypersteel Carbon 5 wood. This thing is awesome! To me, its more of a cross between a hybrid and a fairway wood, but what ever it is I am destroying them in the hitting bay.

I then tell him I won a Geo Max at the show last week. He is interested in how I like it so far and the next thing you know he has the TEE driver in my hands. I am striping this thing even better than the Geo Max. He then is like, "Dude, give me you Geo Max and I will sell you the TEE for $100 and give you full new price on the trade in for the Geo Max" After a few more smashes, done deal.

I ended up walking out of the store with a new driver, demo'ed 3-wood, and a new 5-wood and no new wedges which was the original intention of my trip. Driver $100, 3-Wood $49.95, 5-wood $79.95. Its all your fault, Rock.:laugh:

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Expensive day of ho'ing. Just won two E-bay auctions for some Srixon WG 504 wedges (52* and 58*). I could not pass up on the deal. Both are new in the plastic and I was able to get them for $65 a piece.

Just like that, 5 new clubs for the bag.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Good thing they gave me a Tour Edge hat to go along with the driver I won and already traded in. At least I will look like a proper TE ho on the first tee. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Just wait til the forged and milled irons come out. Those things look so sweet.

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Man, you are becoming one of us ho's FAST. All in one day! :D

Nice job at it too!! Sounds like you got some "keepers"... Pictures, details (shaft, flex etc etc)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Wow... I couldn't even manage that much in one day. Sounds like some good deals there though. $100 for an Exotics driver? What shaft in it? That's a steal. We expect some pictures of this "new bag" soon.
icon10.gif

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Wow... I couldn't even manage that much in one day. Sounds like some good deals there though. $100 for an Exotics driver? What shaft in it? That's a steal. We expect some pictures of this "new bag" soon.
icon10.gif

Adila NV Stiff / TEE 9*. It was the only shaft available in the TEE in the store. Not quite $100, I traded in the TE Bazooka Geo Max I won last week so in essence it only cost me $100 for the TEE. :D

I had not hit the Adila NV before today so it was a pleasent surprise considering all that has been said about the shaft on the boards lately. It felt really good and I can not wait to go out and hit it again.

I could not help myself, the TE stuff just hit so awesome and the deals were too good to pass by. The shop specializes in closeouts and overstock and has a ton of TE stuff (no TEE CB fairway woods, though). I also visited Golfsmith and the Edwin Watts close out center on I-drive to see if I can find the wedges but had no luck. Thankfully, I found the Srixons on E-bay under Srixon Wedges rather than Srixon WG 504 Wedges. Less competition for them :D

If I had not won the Srixons, I would have had 2 of the TE JMAX Black Nickels on the way. They are a great value, and hit just about as good as any of the other wedges I have hit.

Ground Hog Ho day complete :D

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Sweet. Rock is the only one who disses the NV... he also said the CompNT was the greatest shaft ever... a month later they stopped making it.
icon10.gif

Groundhog day, oh yeah, forgot about that... did that litter F'er see his shadow?

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Sweet. Rock is the only one who disses the NV... he also said the CompNT was the greatest shaft ever... a month later they stopped making it.
icon10.gif

Groundhog day, oh yeah, forgot about that... did that litter F'er see his shadow?

No shadow, spring is a coming early. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
icon10.gif

You guys just jumped on board too late with the NT. :D

The Nv doesn't work for me, way too soft. Even in Xstiff it was a noodle. But it seems to work for some people.

I still put my vote in for the NVS. That mated with a TEE 9* Tour model would be phat.

R35

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You guys just jumped on board too late with the NT. :D

The Nv doesn't work for me, way too soft. Even in Xstiff it was a noodle. But it seems to work for some people.

I still put my vote in for the NVS. That mated with a TEE 9* Tour model would be phat.

R35

Works pretty well for my weak a$$ swing speed. (well week compare to all you bombers out there). Of course, what works the hitting bay does not always work on the course. We will have to give it a go to see how it performs on the grass.

Members online