• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Ho'ing field trip

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Man, you are becoming one of us ho's FAST. All in one day! :D

Nice job at it too!! Sounds like you got some "keepers"... Pictures, details (shaft, flex etc etc)

No one cared when I was ho'ing components, I have been ho'ing all along you just noticed when I put a TE in front of it. :D

I will get some photos tomorrow when the sun is out.

I knew that damn show was going to cost me some money, I just was not expected it to happen this fast. The deals were too good to pass up.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just wait til the forged and milled irons come out. Those things look so sweet.

R35
Are these what you are talking about? (Below the driver)

TourEdgeClubs001.jpg

I did not get any close ups as I did not know they were not released yet.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Ground Hog Ho Day pics are in:
The haul:
TourEdgeClubs002.jpg

The Driver:
TourEdgeClubs003.jpg

TourEdgeClubs005.jpg

TourEdgeClubs006.jpg

TourEdgeClubs007.jpg

TourEdgeClubs008.jpg

The Fairway Woods:
TourEdgeClubs010.jpg

I love the way the fairways sit. Should be clean hits from the fairway:
TourEdgeClubs011.jpg

TourEdgeClubs012.jpg

TourEdgeClubs013.jpg

The Grips: The Exotics came with a GP Dual Durometer which I am going to leave on for now. The Carbons came with a cheaper rubber grip that I decided to cut off and install GP Decades (Blue):
TourEdgeClubs014.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep, those are the irons. Man, do they look sweet.

You went with the Carbons? I figured you had gone with the exotics. Just the driver. Hmm.

The carbons are sweet tho. Both at address and feel. I was wondering how you got such a stupid crazy deal on the fairways, assuming they were Exotics...:D

Nice pickups.

R35

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yep, those are the irons. Man, do they look sweet.

You went with the Carbons? I figured you had gone with the exotics. Just the driver. Hmm.

The carbons are sweet tho. Both at address and feel. I was wondering how you got such a stupid crazy deal on the fairways, assuming they were Exotics...:D

Nice pickups.

R35

If I got that kind of deal on the CB's I would have bought the whole lot and sold them to all the Ho's on here for twice the price. :D

I wanted to see what they were offering the older CB's for but they did not have any in stock. The Carbons were too good of a deal to pass up. I have paid almost $50 for a head, let alone a new club. I was hitting them so good at the shop off of the mat that I am looking forward to going to the range. I love how the Carbons sit. They should work geat off of the fairway and I may be able to use them out of the rough as well with the sole design. I will have to go back there after the CB2's have been out for a while to see if they get any close out CB's.

The guy in the shop is a TE freak. I was telling him about my Geo Max and he ran right out and got the Exotic for me to hit. I was not looking to trade it in when he offered the first two times, but when he said he would give me full retail price for it on the trade in how could I refuse? After hitting the Exotic, there was no doubt in my mind which was a better driver.

Rock, you would be surprised how well the JMAX Bazooka Carbon wedges hit. They are all over the web for $59.95 or less as TE is coming out with their milled version of it.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock, you would be surprised how well the JMAX Bazooka Carbon wedges hit. They are all over the web for $59.95 or less as TE is coming out with their milled version of it.

I'm set for wedges, I'm afraid. However, look for my "off the wagon" thread to appear.

R35

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
You guys just jumped on board too late with the NT. :D

The Nv doesn't work for me, way too soft. Even in Xstiff it was a noodle. But it seems to work for some people.

I still put my vote in for the NVS. That mated with a TEE 9* Tour model would be phat.

R35

Arent you a little past the age of using words like phat there Rock?;)

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I'm set for wedges, I'm afraid. However, look for my "off the wagon" thread to appear.

R35
Any hints? New irons? New Putter? New iron shaft?:laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Tim,

Here are the pics I wanted to show you (and I guess the rest can look too.:laugh: )

Notice the mill marks on the face. That's sweet ass.

R35

(pics courtesy GD.com)

forgedfacediag.jpg
CNC1.jpg
CNC2.jpg
CNC3.jpg

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Those look sweet! They look kind of like my current wedge faces.

They have a unique sole shape as well. I little wider than you normal players irons, but almost a wedge style grind to it rounding it off at the toe and heel.

So, when are you getting them? :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So, when are you getting them? :D

Tommorrow! LOL.

Nah. I'll hit them when they come out, see how things are. Then I'll make a decision. But as things sit right now, I'm pretty set.

(I'm SUCH a liar!:laugh: )

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
very nice except that sole is way to fat for my liking.

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
ualtim,
I read your review of the geomax and was wondering how in your opinion does it compare to the hibore.Your review sounded alot like some of the hibore reviews and as you can see I am a TE ho myself

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online