• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge Hot Launch HL3 Driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
1.jpg
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
Okay, you've all been waiting for this I'm sure.

On a whim Rusty at Two Oaks let me try this driver. It's the low cost Tour Edge HL3 version of their Hot Launch series out this year.

I was perfectly happy with my Cleveland Launcher HB so why did I do this? I can't help myself.:(

In any case I wasn't expecting much for what this cost ($160) if you shop around.

One of the reasons I wanted to try it was I felt I was approaching "the age" where I shouldn't be hitting a stiff shaft driver anymore so this is 10.5° with a regular flex UST Mamiya (made for Tour Edge) shaft and it also is shorter then my Cleveland at 45". After playing a round with this I believe I have found I SHOULD have stayed with 45" like the shaft I had in my 915 D2 and also SHOULD have been playing regular flex.

Never missed a fairway today, every drive was on the sweet spot and all were good distance. I've still got my Cleveland (plan to keep it) but this is the most ridiculously forgiving and longest driver I've hit (at least this year). :D I was putting it out as far or farther then my "benchmark" drives I've hit with other drivers.

And for $160 it is the best driver "bargain" on the market. Why? Because, obviously, I've tried all the others, right?

BTW, Tour Edge products are excellent. Just check my sig.

Attachments

• 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Don't let 'em pick on you, WBL!!! They're just envious. Poor suckers still workin' and ain't got time to peruse the world of drivers like us old codgers do. I'm about ready to dump my G400 for a TE HL3. The G400 sorta reminds me of that old R1 Taylor Made. I've smoked some drives out there that are unbelievable. Between the one or two a round that bring smiles, there are plethora of ones that go nowhere. Gotta be the driver! Can't be this stellar piece of masculinity. :D

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Don't let 'em pick on you, WBL!!! They're just envious. Poor suckers still workin' and ain't got time to peruse the world of drivers like us old codgers do. I'm about ready to dump my G400 for a TE HL3. The G400 sorta reminds me of that old R1 Taylor Made. I've smoked some drives out there that are unbelievable. Between the one or two a round that bring smiles, there are plethora of ones that go nowhere. Gotta be the driver! Can't be this stellar piece of masculinity. :D
I keep trying to teach these guys about "metal fatigue" and how you can't keep a driver for too long or the face gets soft and the shaft loses it's "spring".

Then all these young guys wonder how come a 71 year old man keeps blowing it by their drives right down the middle. I've even had some say "you should be playing from the white tees" because they were so humiliated. One of these days they'll put us old duffers up on the pedestal where we should be and look up to us like most other cultures do regarding their elders. :mad:

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of these days they'll put us old duffers up on the pedestal where we should be and look up to us like most other cultures do regarding their elders. :mad:

These young'uns ain't got no concept of reverence for their elders. They ain't worked 15 hours a day in the fields, earning 10 cents an hour. They ain't had to use a 'thunder bucket' at night or when it was storming 'cause it was too far to the outhouse. They'uns just has got soft. One a these days they'll begin to understand how much we endured and appreciate us. Until then, we'll just keep kickin' their tails on golf courses and on the old folks home shuffleboard court. Shoot! Gotta go. Think my Depends feels a little too warm.:D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I keep trying to teach these guys about "metal fatigue" and how you can't keep a driver for too long or the face gets soft and the shaft loses it's "spring".

Then all these young guys wonder how come a 71 year old man keeps blowing it by their drives right down the middle. I've even had some say "you should be playing from the white tees" because they were so humiliated. One of these days they'll put us old duffers up on the pedestal where we should be and look up to us like most other cultures do regarding their elders. :mad:

Wouldn't the face actually work harden vs getting soft after repeated bending of the club face?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online