• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Edge question...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The season is starting and I am getting antsy, I don't feel great about one club in my bag and thats my 4 wood. I was looking at the Tour Edge CB1's and everybody on here raves about them. How do they compare in head size to the TM R7 TP? Are the faces square? I tend to like a square faced, slightly smaller head shape-just sits better for me when trying to hit of the FW. How does the stock Fuji shaft play? I have tons of questions so whoever has played them...tell me everything!!! here is a link to one that I am looking at, is this a decent price? Thanks everyone that replies!!

NEW TOUR EDGE EXOTICS CB1 15* 3 WOOD FUJIKURA HL STIFF - eBay (item 330226733846 end time Apr-13-08 13:06:14 PDT)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Head is square and seems a little bigger than the TMTP head. It's easier to hit for me off the fairway and the tee. I've never tried the stock shaft, so don't know much about it. I picked mine up for $60 I think, with a V2 tour shaft in it. I'd try to find a used on with a decent shaft 1st. Even if you don't use the shaft, pull it and use it to fund one you do want in there. To compare it to the TMTP I'd simply say it's a little longer and a little easier to hit.

Irish

May 9, 2007
stock shaft is a POS...i didn't know how good a head it was until I stuck something else in there

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Agreed. The Fuju HL shaft doesn't even make a good tomato stake. I put a V2 in my 15° and it's fun to swing.

The bottom is of the TEE is flat. The bottom of my Titleist 17° 4 wood is very rounded. This supposedly makes a difference when hitting off the turf, but I don't know for sure.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Head is square and seems a little bigger than the TMTP head. It's easier to hit for me off the fairway and the tee. I've never tried the stock shaft, so don't know much about it. I picked mine up for $60 I think, with a V2 tour shaft in it. I'd try to find a used on with a decent shaft 1st. Even if you don't use the shaft, pull it and use it to fund one you do want in there. To compare it to the TMTP I'd simply say it's a little longer and a little easier to hit.

This will confuse you Jim. My impressions are the exact opposite of John's. The CB1 head is a bit smaller than my R7tp, sits more closed, and is harder to hit. This was my impression. It may have been 5 yards longer, but it wasn't enough to take out my tp.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If you're hitting a TP now, you'll have no problem "adapting" to the TEE.

That, or you have no business with a TP club in your bag.

The Exotics are the players club, not game improvement. If you're looking at them for any other reason, then keep on looking. But, with the set of TP's you're carrying, my assumption is that you can handle your sticks.

R35

Members online

No members online now.