• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour Lock Pro

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Me buying stuff that doesn't work is life, I don't think so. I ask if anyone had this problem before and your reply is that is life, thanks for the big help man.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Don't want to start an argument, but what I meant is that there will be bumps in the road, you can't always act like a 2 year old and act out to try and get your way. Breaking your putter and throwing it down the stairs? Grow up man.

What you should've done is found a way for it to work. You should love problems, it helps you to learn and understand the subject and possibly avoid it the next time.

Your parents buy you everything, treat it with respect.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Alright here it goes, maybe if you would have read the dang thread like you told me last night you would have read "don't judge me, its been a long week." And is the 1st thing you respond with?! A JUDGEMENT! And my way of dealing with problems are asking if anyone had the same problem.
Oh and don't even get me started, I bought the freaking putter, and the weight so I want to break it more power to me, even though I could have left that part out, I don't need some guy telling me how it is childish.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Look, I don't think we need to pollute the board. If you want to tell me where I was in the wrong, PM me, but keep it civil.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I agree not really a need for flaming, I was only looking for a reply about how I could make it fit but it doesn't really matter because I'm going to be getting my gamer putter later in the week and I will figure out how to make it fit then.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Wish I had caught this thread when it was alive and I was not on hiatus.

We have backweighting converts?!!?? This is what I missed. I would have to hunt for it, but thought that I got shot down talking about this last year. I backweighted my entire bag and in six rounds took five shots of my handicap last August and September.

Have not attempted the putter yet, but will do so soon.

Balance-certified is really pricey, but they do sell a fitting kit with three or four different slip on weights. They are these brass rings that closely approximate the feel of their counterweights and Tour Lock Pros. Just 40g or less however.

What I did, and what I would recommend is, ordering these weights (around $60) and slipping them on and off on every shot for a few rounds. A pain in the butt, but a great way to find out if it is for you.

The fitting kit is not cheap, but I have setup four friends drivers and other clubs and just charged them $15 instead of the $10 that I paid for each weight. Done and paid for.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Wish I had caught this thread when it was alive and I was not on hiatus.

We have backweighting converts?!!?? This is what I missed. I would have to hunt for it, but thought that I got shot down talking about this last year. I backweighted my entire bag and in six rounds took five shots of my handicap last August and September.

Have not attempted the putter yet, but will do so soon.

Balance-certified is really pricey, but they do sell a fitting kit with three or four different slip on weights. They are these brass rings that closely approximate the feel of their counterweights and Tour Lock Pros. Just 40g or less however.

What I did, and what I would recommend is, ordering these weights (around $60) and slipping them on and off on every shot for a few rounds. A pain in the butt, but a great way to find out if it is for you.

The fitting kit is not cheap, but I have setup four friends drivers and other clubs and just charged them $15 instead of the $10 that I paid for each weight. Done and paid for.

I tried it in my Driver, 4w, hybrid and putter (100g in putter). I tried a variation of 20 and 30 g weigts in my hybrid and fw woods. ALl I could do with the woods was hit weak pop ups and the putter was to hand heavy. I took all the weights out of my woods and hybrids and am done with it. The putter, i put a 30 g weight in and it feels great...so i am kinda a convert.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I think I have played enough rounds now to say with a bit of certainty that they will be staying just how they are with my Driver (30g), FW's (20g), and putter (100g). Very shortly I may start to try them out in my irons, but am a little more hesitant because they have steel shafts and don't know if I want the added weight. Where with my FW's and driver I kind of prefer the heavier weight as they have Graphite and it just brought them up to a similar weight to my old steel shafted FW's. Then I think of the fact that I really like my wedges because they have a heavier feel, but am also concerned with how it may effect my pitching and short game (would probably actually help it if I had to guess)

I like the idea of the kit, but since I already have a 30g and 20g, if (when) I decide to try it out on the hybrids I can just use those to decide what to order.

I will probably do this the next time I get a decent coupon code from Golfsmith. I also will probably be regripping a couple shortly, so will try them just prior to doing so and if I don't like it, then no harm, just replacing the grip anyways.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I couldn't find these on their website.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
They call them Power Rings, but I see what you mean. It indicates that "there are no products in this category". They don't do a very good of updating the website. A buddy of mine just ordered a set a few weeks ago. Maybe if you send them an email directly.

rlazo

Trojan
Aug 5, 2008
What about weighting the head along with the butt weight? Wether were talking putter, wedges, or irons, does anyone have experience with adding weight to both ends? Is it basically an experiment to find what works for you or are there general rules? I've gained a lot of insight from the threads
and would like to know what you guys think.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Has anyone tried one of these. Golfsmith.com: True Temper Straight In 200 Gram Putter Shaft - True temper

It caught my attention this morning when I was searching for a shaft to go in a Von's Golf SS398 blade putter I just bought of WRX. These heads are made heavy to start with 360-370 range. I am wondering if it will make it to heavy.

Any thoughts?

I have one in one of my putters from a while ago. Nice shaft, but not heavy enough for my expreriments. I am now running a 150g TLP weight in my current putter and I could probably go for some more weight to tell you the truth.

rlazo

Trojan
Aug 5, 2008
That 150g of backweighting and the heavisest weights available in the head weight ports has this bad boy coming pretty close to the HP weight. When I get a chance, I will put them both on a scale and see how close I have come weight wise.

I thought I was the only one trying to make my Scotty feel like a Heavy Putter.. My prob is adding head weight(Circa 62 #2) which I cant really do outside of tungsten down the shaft. Lead tape is a pain, not to mention ugly. Is there a guideline for how much weight can be added down the shaft before undesirable consequences result?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I thought I was the only one trying to make my Scotty feel like a Heavy Putter.. My prob is adding head weight(Circa 62 #2) which I cant really do outside of tungsten down the shaft. Lead tape is a pain, not to mention ugly. Is there a guideline for how much weight can be added down the shaft before undesirable consequences result?

With a putter, you can pretty much put as much weight as you want down the shaft. There are stories of tour pros filling their shafts with sand to get the weight up. Backweighting will bring the balance point up the shaft which is one of the features of the Heavy Putter. Filling the shaft will not bring the balance point up as high as the HP.

With a Scotty, you will most likey need a .355 Taper Tip shaft and I am not sure if GS carries the T2C shafts in Taper Tip so you may have to look elsewhere if they are even available.

I too have been adjusting my putter to get the Heavy Putter feel to them. I loved the HP on putts from 10 feet and in, but never had the feel on my longer distance putts with distance control. The closest I have come to an HP weight/balance point advantage with face feel are my current putter, Rife 2-Bar Black Series with the heaviest weight in the head and the 150g TLP weight and the Red X2 where I added weight inside the cavity after removing the sole plate to get head weight up to 365g and the same 150g TLP weight on the grip. I had better feel with the X2, but love the roll off the Rife and have better distance control with the Rife.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.