• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour or non?

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
United States United States
I hit the non tour at Dicks today. Their monitor sucks and didn't give any of the #'s I wanted to know about. Swing speeds were low of 103, high of 112, and a few in between. I LOVE the red. I still really need to get a real driver fitting with some real analysis though. I suspect the Kuro Kage Black is going to be a high spinner for me. It's probably going to be the Tour or a shaft upgrade in the 460... we'll see after I hit both in a real fitting.
Yeah, the red looks fantastic. The swoosh looks really cool from the address position too. I just have my doubts how much the cavityback aspect really does though.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
As much as i've talked about it I just don't know. I looked at the tour today at the range and I think I like the look of the 460 better. I'm just not sure I like the smaller head w/black face look. Also, while my better half was in Target today I went to the Dick's next door and swung the 460 again. This time I put one of those pieces of tape that shows where on the face you're hitting it and I can say that I actually experienced toe drop or whatever it's called. I know because I hit 10 or so balls with a Cobra Amp Cell that had a Fuji Fuel in it, (tip stiff, kickpoint high) and hit center face all 10 shots. I hit the Covert with the KK Black in it, (low kick, active tip) and 9 out of 10 were out towards the toe and high on the face. Which brings me to the fact that I actually like the look and feel of the Cobra Amp Cell. Wasn't high on the list of things to look at, but I think I like it. Oh man, i'm all effed up now...

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
I was in Dick's in Lexington KY last night and a guy like the 460 head better and they let him swap the tour shaft out and put it in the 460 head for a fifty dollar up charge. I know. I'm an enabler. I hit the tour in Edwin watts in Lexington and really dug it. Best feeling driver I've ever hit. Loved the feel of the shaft. Ball speed was between 158 and 163. I gotta have it!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.